Join our investing community

Investment Planning and Superannuation & Retirement Planning KAPLAN

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by AimeH, 14th Apr, 2009.

1. AimeH

AimeH New Member

Hi there,

I am new to InvestED and I am seeking members that are interested on working on the Investment Planning 1 (October 2008) Assignnment and the Superannuation & Retriement Planning (August 2008) Assignment.

I have unfortunately had to re-submit both of these assignments as I am not yet competent, so any assistance or guidence would be HUGELY appreciated. I am also studying a batchelor of commerce majoring in finance and financial planning, and I think that this has actually been a downfall, as I have answered the questions the way a uni would expect them to be answered and over complicated things.

I am not looking to be handed answers, but would truely appreciate being pointed in the right direction on these assignments. I also think that establishing a good relationship now could act as a foundation for a study group for the exams. I am happy to post the assignments up here, and maybe what I have completed thus far, if I can find someone who is interested in assisting me? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

2. gocats

gocats Well-Known Member

Hi, I am actually doing the ELC assignment. How did you go with that one?

3. AimeH

AimeH New Member

I have actually only done these two units, as I am studying BCOMM too, I dont have to do all the units in RG146 as I get some credits for the units studied at uni. SORRY!! I would love to help you out but can't Im sorry!

Best of luck!

4. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi AimeH,

If you are doing the course at degree level why are you bothering to do it at diploma level? After you complete the degree subject you can usually get exemptions for the subject. You should check the ASIC website to confirm your subject at uni is RG146 and then apply for exemptions rather than redoing the same subject at a lower level.

http://www.asic.gov.au/eTraining/eTrain.nsf

Cheers,

Dan

5. AimeH

AimeH New Member

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info, btu I am actually doing thins a little bit backwards. I am completing my degree, while working full time and I began studying RG146 over the summer so that I could shorten my degree and get unspecified credits for two units in my BCOMM. A little bit backwards but it will save me some time in the end!

Cheers,
    Aime

6. tonybrisbane

tonybrisbane New Member

investment planning 1

Hi Aime,

I am in the same predicament as I have submitted with a resubmit requirement for investment planning 1. I am too looking to partner with someone as the explanations for the subject matter is limiting and without any prior financial knowledge extremely hard to understand.

are you or anyone else willing to work together?

Tony

7. BB**

BB** Member

help

I am willing to assist in helping you
    I am on my last subject for my DFP

email my inbox

8. tonybrisbane

tonybrisbane New Member

Hi Aime,

Thanks for your help, I have the following issues,

As part of your explanation, calculate the purchase price of a 10-year Government bond parcel with a yield rate of 8.95% p.a. paid as a half-yearly coupon. Assume that the prevailing market interest rate is 7.50% p.a. and that the bond parcel has 250 days until maturity.

Calculations:

Day 0 Day 68 Day 250
    $101,049 $1,667 $4,475
    1.667% 4.475%

Purchase $100,000
    Price

I stated the the purchase price of the bond with 318 days remaining was $101,049 but the remarks state to check my calculations.

Q2
    again the marker said to check all my figures to my calculations

Calculate to the nearest dollar the present value and net present value of the couples invesmtent property

Yr 0 Yr 1 Yr2 Yr 3
    -$418,000 $28,000 $30,816 $32,587
    -$12,750 -$13,196 -$13,822
    ......................................................................................
    -$418,000 $16,050 $17,620 $593,765

PV=$16,050 $17,620 $18,620 $593,765
    ............... +.............+....................+..........................
    )1+.1275) (1+.1275)Pwr2 (1+.1275)Pwr3 (1+,1275)Pwr3
    ............. ................. .................. ...................
    1 1 1 1

PV=$14,235 $13,860 $13,091 =$414,252

PVTotal = $14,235 + $13,860 +$13,091 + $441,252 = $455,438

NPV = $455,438 - $418,000 = $37,438

Calucluate the internal rate of return of this investment
    IRR 16.1%
    Calculate the property intiial yeild percentage for year one based on the figures given.

.......... = 3.41%

Are you able to explain to me what I have done wrong???

Thank you for your help, i truely appreciate it.

Tony

9. ski-man

ski-man New Member

Hi All,

I'm also new to this site and am also studying through Kaplan.
    Just sat through 3 days of the workshop for Super and Retirement Planning.
    Would appreciate assistance with assignment if anyone is willing. Will do same as I complete the subjects.
    Cheers
    Lou

10. Sophi

Sophi Member

Hi Tony,
    I believe you,might have already finshed your IP1...how did you go? I just started mine and now doing my assignment...its much harder than the RM. :/

11. netcentre4

netcentre4 Member

Investment Planning 1

Hello,

I have just started investment planning 1 subject and am about to tackle the assignment soon.
    I was wondering if anyone could offer me any tips or advice to do the assignment especially question 6 which seems the hardest.

Thanks

netcentre4.

12. DR

DR New Member

Hi BB, I am new to InvestED. Still getting familiar with how to use it. I am in my last subject for DFP at Kaplan and am studing the SRP subject. I have passed the exam and have virtually finished the assignment, but I have some questions. Are you able to help. The SRP assignment relates to Feb 2009 version, and the case study is about Richard and Bernadette.

13. Shel

Shel Member

Hi,

I am having trouble as well with this assignment, would appreciate any help with this one. Found all the others to be a piece of cake compared to this one.

Shel

14. Liz123

Liz123 Active Member

IP1 Assignment Case Study

Was wondering if you could give me some direction on the investment products I need to recommend and the level of depth they need to meet the profile of the client.

I have completed everything else in the assignment but when it comes to recommending the products, I am having a lot of trouble finding products that fit into the profile. I have assumed they will be a balanced profile and hence I am using the asset allocation of a balanced investor as per the text. I have tried to select a number of both conservative, balance and growth funds to try and balance the allocation out but can't seem to find the appropriate products.

Am I doing the right thing by using the specific asset allocation of the product? or should I just be using the high level allocation ie 70% Income 30% growth? Do you know the amount you are able to be out by i.e +/- 5%??

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Liz

15. kwl

kwl New Member

Superannuation & Retirement Planning KAPLAN

Hi, I am doing the last subject S&RP and am having alot of trouble with Q6, providing tax calculations and illustrating the financial and tax position of RIchard and Bernadette. It would be great to get some help, I find this last subject to be the hardest of the four!!

16. chelseaC

chelseaC Member

hi guys,
    Should Bernadette's super pension income stream count in Richard's age pension income test?

Richard & Bernadette’s financial assets are as follows:
    Bank account (at call) $ 0
    Cash management trust $25,000
    Richard’s Personal superannuation (taxed fund) $132,840
    Bernadette’s share portfolio $38,119
    Total financial investment assets $195,959
    Deemed Income:
    First $68,200 @3% $ 2,046
    Balance of $127,759 @4% $5,110.36
    Total deemed income $7,156.36
    Bernadette’s salary after TTR and government Co-contribution $10,000
    Richard’s assessable super pension income stream $0
    Bernadette's super pension income stream ?Total combined income: $17,156.36

17. kitle

kitle New Member

HI TOny,

are you at all able to explain to me how you came to getting your PV and NPV and your IRR.

I have gotten different answers and i am not sure that i have the concept completely understood...

your guidence will be greatly appriciated.

18. margp

margp New Member

Hello, I am also struggling with this IP1 assisgnment and was wondering how you went with Q4 & Q5?
    Cheers
    Marg

19. nicksykes

nicksykes New Member

20. haighb

haighb New Member

Assignments IP1 & SRP

Hi all,

New to Invested aswell and am currently doing the above 2 assigments. Would love to share ideas n brainstorm. i believe im doing the lastest assignments, AS3001, but im sure the content n structure is similar with only the figures varying in parts.

Happy to start bouncing ideas as i plan to finish these 2 off in the next week

thanks