Investors Direct

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Triu, 1st Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi has anyone used this company and their financial strategies or heard of Bill Zheng. were they happy with the service they received.

2. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

I heard Bill at a seminar. I was very very impressed by his talk, I think he has a fantastic understanding of how to view money and debt as a tool for a better future.
    As for Investors Direct, my personal opinion is that they are probably not going to be as good as a well chosen, experienced broker. I called them once and they said "we will get someone to ring you back". Never got a call, if they cant get off their butts enough to actually get business, I am not too confident about how they would be in their day to day service

3. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi Copranos do you know of any good finance brokers that are good with a financial strategy to help purchase multiple properties. Investors Direct have told me that they have a finance strategist that can help me plan to go forward and how structure it properly etc.

I have one meeting with one broker but he left and did not really tell me anything new apart from how much i can borrow.

4. Saskatoon

Saskatoon Well-Known Member

Hi Triu,
    financial planners and finance brokers are two different critters! A finance broker is not allowed to give you financial planning advice. I am a finance broker but not able to give advice on strategies, only on the choice of finance once the planning is done.

5. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

You may be barking up the wrong tree mate, the job of a broker is to get you as much money as possible at the best deal possible.

I understand a few brokers try to "value add" by giving some financial planning ideas etc. Take what you can get from that but I havent seen anything above a very basic level. Its up to you to come up with the plan, and your broker to work out the finance for your next step in the plan.

6. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Bill Zheng is a very clever guy. But the term "finance strategist" is just marketing spin. Investors Direct may have some good finance brokers but there are plenty of great experienced mortgage brokers who can give you strategic advice about how to structure your borrowings without the silly title...

Rolf Latham is one I can personally recommend very highly...

Simon Macks (mighty mouse avatar) also frequents this forum. I haven't used him but from his excellent posts here it's evident he knows what he's doing!

Cheers
    N.

7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Was that Glen; If so I believe he's gone back to Options and Futures Trading

Agreed here, but many people probably expect more after listening to Bill speak and in most, people are looking to refine their strategy (okay..me at least :D ) as they progress; I've spoken to them as have many others I know to see what they offer

8. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi Redwing yes it was Glenn i was somewhat disillusioned with the advice. Did not really set out a plan for me to purchase further properties. I think again i might be conned by the marketing spin. Which lately is happening alot to me.

ahhhhh oh well back to the drawing board.

9. artgul

artgul Well-Known Member

Hi Triu,

As the others, I really like listening and some times learning from Bill. he is really a guru. However, IMO, his team of brokers are not up to his level which is a disappointment since, you'd never deal with him directly. Also, IMO again, they tend to approach you with a one size fits all kind of mentality or the mass production type of burguer (let's say makers). Personally, I don't think that the makers burguer can compete against a personalise home made one. That's why I prefer to deal directly with a knowledge broker even though if he doesn't call himself "Finance Strategist" :D

My 2 cents,

artgul

10. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Triu,

A mortgage broker CANNOT give you financial advice (unless they are a licenced planner or A.R. of one) as several other people have already told you. That includes buying investment properties.

Mark