Join our investing community

Investors Direct???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jako84, 30th Jun, 2008.

1. Jako84

Jako84 New Member

I have recently come across this site and find it quite useful.
    Hence registering.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated on the following:
    Has anyone previously worked for Investors Direct or still does?
    If so, can you tell a little bit about the company and working condiitons?

On the other hand if anyone has dealt with the company what are your thoughts?

Kind regards,

2. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Hi Jako

I haven't worked for Investors Direct but I have spoken to their staff from time to time and they were very helpful and professional. I have attended several of Bill Zheng's seminars since his early days and always take away something valuable.

Personally the way the seminars and sales approach have evolved I find very rah-rah American-styled, and seem to rely on using people's greed as motivation. The last salesy thing offering strategic motivation from the Scottish lass I thought was pretty 'wrong'. (thread at http://www.invested.com.au/85/bill-zheng-email-32108/)

I am sure Investors Direct will grow, perhaps not as fast as previous as property cools a little, but I am not sure how the office environment would translate given the way the services are sold in that seminar environment. I'd suspect it could be a very stressful job and representatives might cop some flak from time to time. But I could be wrong.

Good luck :)
    Carl

3. mafarrelly

mafarrelly New Member

Investors Direct - the company today

Hey Jako

From the time of your initial enquiry about Investors Direct to today, the company has grown and evolved quite a great deal.

Originally a very successful mortgage broking company catering exclusively to the needs of property investors, the company has evolved to now include the original mortgage broking business, investor education workshops and seminars, financial planning (with a focus on property investing), property advisory services and even property management.

You can see how the company stands today but visiting:
    Investors Direct Financial Group

A great article to read is:
    Newsletter Articles

Mark Farrelly
    Marketing Director
    Investors Direct
    Melbourne

4. mafarrelly

mafarrelly New Member

Investors Direct - the company today

Hey Jako

From the time of your initial enquiry about Investors Direct to today, the company has grown and evolved quite a great deal.

Originally a very successful mortgage broking company catering exclusively to the needs of property investors, the company has evolved to now include the original mortgage broking business, investor education workshops and seminars, financial planning (with a focus on property investing), property advisory services and even property management.

You can see how the company stands today but visiting:
    Investors Direct Financial Group

A great article to read is:
    Newsletter Articles

Mark Farrelly
    Marketing Director
    Investors Direct
    Melbourne