Managed Funds InvestorServe updated

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Simon Hampel, 6th Oct, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I just checked my InvestorServe account and they have posted the details of the distribution reinvestment there now - yay.

No details on the cash distribution payments yet though (I have my retail fund distributions taken as cash and my wholesale fund distributions reinvested - so I get to see both sides).

2. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Unit price is still $1.18+

Is the post distribution discount yet to apply? Plus the effect of the last couple of days drop in the market?

Cheers,

3. Simon Hampel

Unit price of the reinvestments was 1.1325 (wholesale fund) ... that's the unit price as of October 1st (Oct 4th actually - first trading day of the quarter) and is the "discounted" price.

Those figures in the "Holdings" section on InvestorServe are still using the prices as of 30th September ... which is unfortunate.

As a result - you should take care ... the current value of holdings reported by InvestorServe is misleading.

4. Steve Navra

Steve Navra Well-Known Member

Unit Prices as at 5th Oct, 2005

Retail:
    Application price 1.1269
    Redemption price 1.1235
    Mid Price 1.1252

Wholesale:
    Application price 1.1331
    Redemption price 1.1297
    Mid Price 1.1314

The market came off a further 2.12% today so expect the unit price to be lower tomorrow.

Fund performance at 6th Oct, 2005
    Navrainvest -1.86%
    S & P 200 -2.12%
    OutPerf + 0.26

YTD (01/07/05)
    Navrainvest: 7.03%
    S & P 200: 3.97%
    OutPerf: 3.08%

OutPerf Fee: 1.098%

Net return: 6.93%

Regards,
    Steve

5. pthm

pthm Well-Known Member

Hi Steve

Thank you for posting the latest unit prices here. I just checked navrainvest.com.au and the unit prices have not been updated.

6. Simon Hampel

Steve - I'm actually quite surprised that the fund is doing so well (ie better than the ASX200) in these sharply falling markets ... I thought we would have to wait until an upswing before you'd have a chance to catch up (and really outperform). Obviously there's still some magic there I don't fully appreciate yet :D

Keep up the great work !

7. BSB

BSB Active Member

Steve,

It's looking very, very promising for NavTraDE to really show its stuff. BTW, what is the Mid Price all about? I've never heard of this before.
    Another NI question: What is the breakdown of FUM into retail and wholesale? Was there a significant influx into the wholesale with the introduction of Superannuation Choice?

From a content unit-holder and NI shareholder.

8. Simon Hampel

The mid price is the actual unit price. The redemption price is 0.15% lower and the application price 0.15% higher.

http://www.navrainvest.com.au/index.asp?content=unit_prices

9. Steve Navra

Steve Navra Well-Known Member

FUM:
    Wholesale approx $44 Million
    Retail approx $37 Million

This is after paying out $4.5 million in distributions . . . expect a fair amount of reinvestment in the next week or so.

Super Choice:
    Not really . . . very few actually ended up with the choice to move their lump sums . . . but are now contributing their monthly contributions in a Super Choice way to NI

Regards,
    Steve