Managed Funds InvestSmart Portfolio Manager.

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by shouldisell, 4th Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. shouldisell

shouldisell Well-Known Member

Hey Guys.

My application for the CFS Property Securities fund was just processed yesterday, and my account was opened.

On the Colonial site it says my balance for that account is $4,980 (I invested $5000).
    So I tried to input the data into my Invest Smart portfolio tracker (I'm sure I did it the same as with my last fund), but it's saying my balance is $3,498 - a loss of $-1,501.
    I'm positive I entered the information correctly. My one other fund had been showing identical figures to that show by my Colonial account.

Also, with the trail cap at invest smart, I still have warnings about my funds not contributing.
    "There are funds listed in My Portfolio that are not contributing to My TrailCap. Click here to view these funds and add them to My TrailCap."

One of the reasons for this may be that : "An account/client number has not been specified or is incorrect (e.g. no spaces)"

Does that mean the account number should, or shouldn't contain spaces? (I'm assuming that it should contain spaces.)

If anyone could help me with any of my queries it would be greatly appreciated.

Take care guys.

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Compleks,

Double check which units you put into the online system for InvestSmart. The MIF might have different unit prices to FC, hence the difference of $1,500.

I wouldn't be too worried about your TrailCap. If your account was only just opened, trails are usually paid twice a month. If your account was only just opened they shouldn't receive a payment until after mid-month (say 15th to 20). Don't get stressed about it just yet. InvestSmart's commission department will chase it I'm sure!

If your worried about it, check your welcome kit from Colonial and see if it specifies InvestSmart as your adviser, if yes, great no worries. If no, speak to InvestSmart to get a change of adviser form.

Cheers,

Dan

3. shouldisell

Thanks Dan.

I'll go back and double check everything again, though I'm sure it was all entered correctly (I cut and pasted the numbers just to be sure).

I've had one account with first choice open for a few months now, and just realised that I entered the account number incorrectly, somehow.

Cheers.

4. shouldisell

Alright.

I think I fixed the problem, though there is still a $50 difference (But I assume that could be due to differences in updating).
    I accidentally added the CFS FC - Property Securities Fund, instead of the CFS MIF etc...

I'm such a tool sometimes.

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

There will be a differance cause investsmart price is probably a day or two old. Plus there is a buy and sell spread when entering/exiting funds.. So you buy at higher price and sell at lower price.. that fee pays for transation fees the fund incurres.

6. SydneyCider

SydneyCider Member

The trailcap in Investsmart can take a couple of months to appear based on my experience with them.
    When I questioned them the reply was.

"Thank you for your enquiry. Please be advised that it takes about two months
    from when you nominate InvestSMART as your adviser for us to receive
    trailing commissions."

And sure enough, it did turn up eventually, just gotta be patient with it.