IP with DHA

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by dudek, 7th Mar, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dudek

dudek Well-Known Member

Has any of you got IP through DHA and if so have you got rent increase in the last January cycle?

2. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Dudek

I don't have any DHA IP's so I can't help you with such info but if you feel that market rents are siginificanly higher than what you're currently getting contact them and give them some examples and they'l review your rent.

I never bought any DHA properties because I never found them to be of good value. In recent times they overprice their properties and the yields are no better than what you'd get in the civilian market.

On the other hand their management fees are double what you would normally pay a real estate agent.

cheers

3. dudek

dudek Well-Known Member

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replay. I also think DHA houses are bit overpriced and yields are not that great at the beginning when sold as new. I got two for good price (previous owner selling) with relatively good yields. Got rent increase in first year then this year two out of two - nothing.
    Reason I asked the question is I would like to find out if it was just me or more properties missed out this year. the only logical explanation is that they based increases on the previous year and we all know rents were bit stagnant last year.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.