Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Is there a good resource for newbies wanting to know more about IPOs?

2. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

3. TheCamel

TheCamel Active Member

i'd expect to see NIB on there - but maybe they aren't floating ?

4. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

They are floating...
    NIB Health Funds

All the bits and details are still in the works...There is currently a share sale facility for shareholders between 70c and 90c.

I expect that these shares would be sold to institutional investors during the bookbuild.

Expected date is early November 07. No actual date is set yet.

Cheers,

Dan

The above is not advice to buy, sell or hold shares in NIB Health Funds Ltd.
    Speak to your FPA registered Financial Planner, Stockbroker, Accountant or Tax Adviser.

5. TheCamel

TheCamel Active Member

nib are handing me a parcel of shares as it is.. i just didn't see it on the ASX listings/ipo page, thats why i was being curious

i thought maybe demutualising was different to floating or something. guess not, huh ? :p

so it's unlikely that a common investor such as myself would be able to buy shares from the bookbuild stage ?

6. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Camel,

Demutualising is a company regulatory structural issue which converts members interests into a shareholding. You can demutualise a company without listing it on a stock exchange.

A float is when a company raises money to the public (offering shares for sale).

AMP, IAG (NRMA) and IOOF are examples of companies which demutualised. The companies didn't raise any money from the public they just listed on the stock exchange.

Trading is also known as the secondary market whereas a float is the Initial Public Offering.

Institutional Bookbuild process is highly unlikely unless you have a friend who is high up the food chain at the company.

Cheers,

Dan