Join our investing community

Is Ireland the Next Iceland?

Discussion in 'The Economy' started by Chris C, 16th Feb, 2009.

1. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Ireland ‘could default on debt’ - Times Online

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Yeah, parts of the UK are worse than the US!

3. dudek

dudek Well-Known Member

You are very brave to call Ireland part of UK :D

There is some juice left in EU central bank. Not sure how long it will last.

4. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

The UK is worse than the US. I'm looking at the UK as potentially setting a good preceident of how the US will collapse.

Iceland collapsing is one thing, it's a few billion dollars, if Ireland goes... man that will cause some ripples.

Personally I think the world needs to see a major country go bankrupt to shake up a bit more change. At the moment the world is still talking the same BS about how we can continue to mask the symptoms of our problems with the same medicine the same way we have done for the last few decades, by throwing more fiat money at it through either printing presses or unfreezing creidt markets so people can borrow more money they don't have and can't pay back.

:cool:

Sounds a bit saddistic I know, but I honestly want the world to walk out of this recession a better place as a result of having it, and that involves stepping up to the plate and admitting where we went wrong - that isn't happening yet.