Is money the last taboo?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Nigel Ward, 18th Oct, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kennethkohsg

kennethkohsg Well-Known Member

Dear Michael,

1. I think that you will agree with me that the way we are discussing the same topic in this forum is much more civilised and cultured way of doing things, as compared to what has happened in the Jan Somers Forum unfortunately.

2. We can and are able to rationally discuss our ideas and differences here, in an much open manner in this forum here.

3. The same things and standards can and should also be expected from the various members in the Jan Somers Forum by appealing to their high behaviours.

4. While some may not fully agree with me here on the basis that this forum is a paid subcription one and has lesser members at this point in time, I think this is not the excuse where members in the Jan Somer Forum should allow themselves to behave lowly and rudely towards one another.

5. For your kind update, please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Oct, 2005
  2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Kenneth,

Great point! I have read of one aspect of this principle as the "Abundance mentality" versus the "Scarcity Mentality". Basically, this pre-supposes that those with an abundance mentality will see the world as abundant and that they don't need to hoard their wealth. If they give freely of their wealth to charities and others then the nature of the world is such that it will return to them tenfold. Others with the scarcity mentality tend to hoard their money as they see the world as containing a finite amount of wealth that they need to fight to get their portion of and hang on to it at all costs. This results in money not flowing and can become self-perpetuating.

I think that having an abundance mentality can actually be self-fulfilling too. If you believe that there is "plenty for everyone" and that you can readily give to worthwhile causes and share your wealth, then you become a money magnet. It can change your outlook such that you are now not afraid to become wealthy since there is "plenty for everyone". So, you overcome your affluenza and become wealth ready. You may now take greater informed risks since you know that if they don't work out first off, then there's plenty around and you'll get it right next time.

So, in effect it is a truism. The more you give, the more that comes back to you. But, it may well be as much a result of you overcoming your own mental barriers as it is a result of some sort of karma.

Either way I believe in the abundance mentality and readily give to charities and worthwhile causes. It certainly has improved my outlook on life and has opened all sorts of opportunities for personal growth that I would have otherwise been excluded from.

Cheers,
    Michael.

3. kennethkohsg

Dear Michael,

1. Congratulations. Abundance Mentality indeed.

2. I agree that you are now truly wealthy and rich and ready for the TRUE Success and attract the bigger $$ and TIME.

3. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

Cheers!
    Kenneth KOH

4. kennethkohsg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Dear Michael,

1. Excellent post!

2. Thank you for sharing and enlightening me with your thoughts of Abundance VS Scarcity Mentality.

3. Very well said when you made the statement, "So, in effect it is a truism. The more you give, the more that comes back to you. But, it may well be as much a result of you overcoming your own mental barriers as it is a result of some sort of karma."

4. Good thoughts to ponder over

5. Thank you very much.

Cheers,
    Kenneth KOH