Join our investing community

Kaplan ADFP 7 Client Engagement strategies

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by AssignmentADFP7, 4th Aug, 2016.

1. AssignmentADFP7

AssignmentADFP7 New Member

Was wondering if anyone else is working on this assignment. Working my way through but struggling with activity 7 in particular.

Appreciate any help.

2. KathrynKappas

KathrynKappas Member

I have just started this topic. How did you go with the assignment? Did you get there in the end?

3. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

I've completed it Kathryn. Let me know if you need help.

4. KathrynKappas

KathrynKappas Member

I am struggling a little with Activity 7 - Managing Risk and identifying the new updates as part of FOFA and applying them to the process.

5. unplugged1983

unplugged1983 New Member

Hi there Investchat group

I am currently doing the ADFP 7 and wanted to see if anyone wanted to meetup/Skype and smash out the ADFP 7 and 8

let me know.

6. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Kathryn- are you on the Kaplan study group to on Kaplearn? The one main thing the tutor pointed out (assuming the scenario is the same), forget about it being variations to advice (I think it was- don't have the assignment at hand). What are the major things that have changed in the financial services industry over the past few years. What additional obligations (or more clearly spelled out obligations) do advisers have to deal with now?

7. KathrynKappas

KathrynKappas Member

I actually passed this assignment (thank god). Now onto ADFP 8 - it looks fairly complex. It would be great to get a group together and work through it. Does anyone want to offer some help?

8. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

I've actually opted to complete my Advanced Diploma via Mentor sorry. It is a one page case study instead of 15! Assignment is still fairly comprehensive but a lot more manageable.

9. KathrynKappas

KathrynKappas Member

Wow! Fair enough. Good luck.