Join our investing community

Kaplan dip FS (fp) work load???

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by Ash_, 12th Dec, 2008.

1. Ash_

Ash_ New Member

Hey everyone,

Could anyone who has completed the dip of Financial Services (financial planning) course please help me out. I am definately doing the course next year but dont really have an idea of how many subjects to do a trimester.
    Is it wise to only do ELC then try get a job and have your company pay the rest? Or do say ELC and risk manag and then look for jobs? or is it quite possible to do all 4 subjects in one trimester??

I have reasonable knowledge of the areas studied in the course but dont expect it to be easy. Basically like many others in these forums I will be looking to get a foot in the door as an assistant or something entry-level. Hopefully I have more luck living in Melbourne than those having difficulty in Cairns. Anyway first things first and im going to be hittin the books this coming yr to get my diploma!

Thankyou for your help,
    Ash

2. ChrisMiles

ChrisMiles New Member

Hi Ash,

If you are doing your DFP through Kaplan its not a huge workload depending on how much time you have got. Each subject will have a workshop (optional), open book exam and an assignment. I completed two subjects a trimester pretty comfortablly, the only thing that will consume a bit of your time is the assignments but Kaplan usually give you three months to complete.

Hope this helps.

3. Ash_

Ash_ New Member

Cheers Chris, ill do the first 2 subjects to start with.