Join our investing community

Kaplan-Foundations of financial planning AS1001 Assignment help

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by tines, 28th May, 2011.

1. tines

tines Member

Hello all, i have just signed up with Kaplan to do the Diploma of financial planning. I have just recieved my first assignment. It looks really daughnting and i have not studied for many years and would appreciate any guidence on how to set this assignmnet out. I know it comes with instructions however i was confussed as to how to use it. Please, any guidence great appreciated.. Thanks in advance :):confused::confused::p

2. builder2818

builder2818 Well-Known Member

As with all Kaplan's assignments, most of the questions asked in the assignment are asking you to explain something that is mentioned in the subject notes.

For the case study questions, you will find with that subject notes have an example case study which you just replicate by inputting the required data in for the scenario you are given for your assignment.

3. tines

tines Member

Thanks builder2818, i appreciate your advie. I guess the first port of call is to read the study notes.. It just seems a lot to take in really..

4. Grazie

Grazie Member

I'm on my last module now which is FPC&R and its assignment is a bit scary. I have found doing assignments a lot easier after attending the workshops. Your depth of knowledge of the subject is increased which helps in the assignment. The people conducting the workshop all come from a planning background and take you through the assignment questions and while not telling you how to do it offer up their thoughts which makes the task a lot clearer.

5. tines

tines Member

re

Hey thanks Grazie :) The workshops have just finished here in Perth, will hvae to see when the next one is and ill be sure to attend. I guess seeing the first assignmnet without reading the study noted kinda scared me...I know it will make a lot more sense one i start reading, however i cant help but feel overwhelmed..
    For the first assignment did you just do it all on word? is that the best way to go do you think? Any suggestions? I printed out the assignmnetpages from my kaplan but i cant see how adding the answers in the spaces given would be what they are after, but hey like i say at this stage i wouldnt have a clue??

6. Grazie

Grazie Member

All my assigments bar TP have been in the old printed format. From memory for the TP questions I just created extra pages to fit my answer in.

7. tines

tines Member

re

OKay so do you mean just use what they provide and enter in answers that way? Sorry to sound like a dunse!!!

Thanks for your reply by the way, its really appreciated:)

8. Grazie

Grazie Member

The way I did it was create a word doc and copied it over. I didn't find it to difficult in the end.
    Good luck.

9. tines

tines Member

Thanks again Grazie...

10. Mof7

Mof7 New Member

Hi, I am just about to tackle this one as well- when I first got it all it was very daunting but having gone through the first four modules I am feeling a lot more confident- from what I can gather the CS section is the main foundation for the assignment- the exam is open book so dont stress too much about remembering everything in the modules-
    I will be starting the assignment in the next few days so would be great to share any issues with anyone doing the same :)

11. Ihaveawallydog

Ihaveawallydog New Member

FFP module

Hey there - I've also just started this module and am plugging through the assignment. Any responses yet on it? Seems fairly straightforward so far...

12. nathanm

nathanm New Member

Whats your assignment on mate? I can help if it Peter and Susan...

Cheers

13. neojarp

neojarp New Member

Assigment FFP AS1001

Hi guys I have the case of Peter and Susan too

I finish the sections 1 and 2 but the section 3 have some tricks... for example the interest I thing that is missing information due to in the table of Annual income detail is written that the interest for him is $347 and for her is $13846.50 but when i calculate using the rest of information I got that:

bank account (joint) $12000.00 at 1% P/a = 120 or $60 each
    bank account (Susan) $450000.00 at 3% P/a = $13500.00
    Term deposit (joint) $5000.00 at 5,5% P7A = $275.00 or $137.5
    So in terest i have:
    Peter: $197.5 difference with the first info = $150
    Susan: $13637.5 difference with the first info= $150
    I suppose that is part of the exercise, that you need to be able to make question to your clients ilk part of the process

Last edited by a moderator: 22nd Sep, 2016
  14. Ihaveawallydog

Ihaveawallydog New Member

Hey Nathanm - it is the Peter and Susan one.
    I think I've made it more complicated than I needed to - been looking through the case study provided for guidance and it's a lot simpler than the detail I'd been going into.
    I'm up to creating the SOA for them and I suppose could use some guidance if you're willing?

Cheers mate.

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Jan, 2013
  15. eQR

eQR New Member

Susan & Peter FFP

Hi mate,
    I'm also doing the Susan & Peter assignment. I've been ploughing through the basic stuff without too much trouble but haven't done the SOA yet.
    Any chance i can get some help and maybe tips for the assignment?

Cheers

16. professionalgamblercomau

professionalgamblercomau Profit Maker

GL

Best of luck to all doing this...:)

17. tiboled

tiboled New Member

peter and susan insurance needs

Hi everyone,

I am doing the FFP poject and I am a bit stuck with the insurance need.

I have used CIMER for both and I end up with a 1.6 million shortfall for peter and no shortfall for Susan...

I was wondering what kind of recommendation you can make when his life/TPD isurance covers only 300,000 at the moment and we do not have any information about what premium is he paying or anything about susan...

Can I just ask to increase coverage to 1.6 million?

is my calculation wright?

thanks

18. madz

madz New Member

Hi I'm also doing this and am geting stuck !!! I have contacted Kaplan as they have made a few errors, like the interest being short $150!!! People in my office cant believe how hard they have made this!! Help would be really appricated!! happy to help those if i can