Join our investing community

Kaplan Investment Planning 1 3002

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by MButt, 18th Apr, 2012.

1. MButt

MButt New Member

Hey all

I am currently doing the IP1 3002 assignment (Isabella) and was hoping that someone could advise on the correct formulas for Present value of a Government Bond and IRR

2. GZA

GZA New Member

Hi everyone,

I have failed in question 5 with recommendations, resubmission due on this week. Can anyone help me how detailed recommendation I should provide and on what assets, please. Any guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanx.

3. GZA

GZA New Member

Quick question guys, if anyone was willing to answer, please: in Q5 would you or did you recommend to dispose her share portfolio and reinvest that amount in managed fund? Thx in advance.

4. timbo88

timbo88 New Member

I havent done that question yet, but looking at it, id still keep her share portfolio. A lot of them are running at a loss atm from memory, plus it diversifies her invesment porfolio by keeping them. Also she wants tax relief, which they provide in franking credits, and potential long term capital growth prospects as she doesn't want to access her investments for at least 10 years per the case study info.

5. GZA

GZA New Member

Thanks for your answer, I've got your point.

6. Mishelly

Mishelly Member

Help required for 3 questions in the assignment

Hi guys,

Im struggling with 3 questions at the moment 3Biii, 3Civ, 3Cv.

In regards to 3Biii, i dont understand what is meant by Discuss some performance drivers that are specific to Suncorp. Does this mean we need to actually look up the suncorp drivers on the internet or do we use the 6 drivers noted in the subject notes? and how those drivers relate to suncorp specifically? Im leading towards subject note drivers but i would like to have some clarification if possible. Also im seeing alot of people recommending a buy and a sell for the sun shares but why would you not just hold them? i am leaning towards a hold, could someone please clarify what they did for me.

3Civ - regarding Outline sources of information Isabella could access to research this company. Am i supposed to do an actual internet search on some places that company information is held or is the answer in the subject notes? i cannot find anything.

3CV - I could answer this if i can answer 3Civ so i dont really need help with this one.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys.
    Oh if anyone needs any help with any other questions im more than happy to tell you what i did :)