Join our investing community

Kaplan Masters of Accounting

Discussion in 'General Investing Discussion' started by Janelle, 9th Aug, 2011.

1. Janelle

Janelle New Member

9th Aug, 2011
    Melbourne, VIC
    Hi all,
    I am planning to apply for the postgraduate Master of Professional Accounting and I'm seeking feedback about whether it makes a difference if I complete the course in a business school (I am looking at Kaplan Business School) or at a university (such as Swinburne). The universities and Kaplan are both accredited with CPA and CA. I am also interested to hear back from anyone who has studied this course at Kaplan. I am leaning towards Kaplan as it is a shorter, cheaper and a possibly more flexible option.
  2. Financeguru99

Financeguru99 New Member

20th Apr, 2012
    Online education

I think you are fine with either program you decide on. In my opinion it's all about what feels best for you , in your budget and somewhere you see yourself being happy at. I think that online education is a great way to complete courses and I highly recommend taking them whether its at Kaplan or any other of the many institutions available. Also I am not sure if you have decided on a focus or if you are looking at solely a business degree but I would also look into the finance/accounting field if that is something you're interested in. They have numerous online programs and certificates you can complete and if you are interested I encourage you to look at Accounting Certificate Programs: Find Online Accounting Certificates which is a very helpful site that goes more in-depth with what you can do with an online degree.

best of luck whichever route you take, but I would base your decision if it is something you are happy with, see yourself working hard at and also in your budget.

best of luck!