Join our investing community

Kaplan SRP Assignment

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by shawti, 9th Oct, 2012.

1. shawti

shawti Member

Can someone please help me understand something about TTR??

It states on pg 3:36 that with Transition to Retirement, you dont necessarily have to reduce your work hours, you can continue full time work.
    Does this same rule apply to TTR Pension pg 4:22?? Or does this work differently??

I am having great difficulty with SRP, as I have read a lot of others are also. But, same as most, its the last one and we are all so close to the end!

2. Superman

Superman Well-Known Member

Hi Shawti

Can you post extracts of the relevant sections to enable us to provide a definite answer.

Thanks
    SM

3. shawti

shawti Member

Hi Superman,

This is the question:
    Develop a transition to retirement strategy that would be appropriate for Karen in the context of the couple’s goals and objectives, providing complete ‘before’ and ‘after’ taxation calculations illustrating the effectiveness of the strategy you would recommend for her.

I have attached the sections from the notes (the document is locked so that we can't copy and paste text!) In Section 4:9 Transition to retirement pensions, it doesn't give an example of working full time while adopting a TTR Pension. As a matter of fact, neither section gives an example of how it works if they continue full time. I'm pretty confursed!

Any clarification would be appreciated,

Thanks heaps,
    Shawti

Attached Files:

• TTR.pdf
      File size:
      919.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Superman

Superman Well-Known Member

5. dogsofwar

dogsofwar New Member

Superman, a simple "I don't know" would have been easier.

Shawtie, if you read your notes carefully you will see that drawing a ttr pension
    Allows for reduction in work hours without the reduction in income.
    Can be of benefit to some but not compulsory.
    Hope that helps.