NSW Lakemba tops list of best buys for property investors

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Simon Hampel, 16th Apr, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Josephine Tovey|Lakemba| property boom

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hmmm.... not on my top list of suburbs but each to their own. And this isn't because I don't know Lakemba well- quite the contrary actually.

If you define a suburb as "best" simply due to recent price increases and high rental yields then you obviously aren't considering all the criteria for a sound IP, in my humble opinion. If you don't feel safe walking down the main streets at night, then I cross it off my list...

3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi,

Merrick and Rosso had people ring up about places they lived (suburbs). One guy called and said that he told people he lived in "Lake-Emba" as he didn't want to tell them he lived in Lakemba...

Cheers,

Dan

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Ah the stigma... same applies when ppl don't want to admit they buy something inferior and try to pass it off as a more expensive label.
    I heard a funny story about a fellow who held a fancy dinner party and kept filling up a classy wine bottle with a cask from the fridge each time it emptied, only to have his mates yell out "Just bring the cask out! We can hear what you're doing from here!!". You can imagine the look of mortification on his face upon discovery!! :D