learning from investment reports

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Nigel Ward, 10th Jan, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

I finished reading the annual report for Hunter Hall's funds the other day.

If you're not a unitholder you can get an electronic copy here http://www.hunterhall.com.au/Annual_Report/RTI_2006.pdf

Note I'm not making any recommendation about the funds but I do recommend the annual report as a really good, down to earth read which explains Hunter Hall's investment methodology and gives a real insight into the thinking behind some of their major investments.

These guys have the runs on the board in terms of long term outperformance so I'm eager to read everything they have to say about investing.

Happy reading.

Cheers
    N.

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I read it a week ago Nigel and I agree with you. I've put my wife's Super in with them a year or more back it's been good.

In reading the report I got the impression that the good times over the last couple of years were coming to an end. Their investment in South Korean companies was awesome, but the 'easy money' is now gone. They seem to be saying picking highly undervalued companies is getting harder.

Same with Platinum in their Indian adventures. The market has caught up.

I rate HH and Platinum highly so I don't doubt they'll find some other pocket of the world soon enough and clean up again :)