Margin Loans Leveraged equities and Navra

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by voigtstr, 9th Dec, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

Do LE review their security list monthly?
    I've been advised that they have reached their prudential limit on Navra, so its not currently on their list. How often should I check their site to see if they've re-added it?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Most lenders review once or twice a month in my experience.

I wouldn't hold your breath for it to be re-added to LevEq ... they were one of the first lenders to offer it and got a huge demand. It hasn't been listed for quite some time now.

PS. I update the LVR info on my Compare Funds daily - directly from the lender websites, so you can go by the information there too.

3. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Hi voigtstr,

In my experience, people with existing Lev Eq accounts that have an existing Navra investment can make additional investments into the fund, with gearing. Don't quote me on that though - best to contact your account manager and confirm with them.

If they say no, it might be worthwhile telling them that you will transfer your entire account (that is, all of your holdings) to another lender who is more willing to come to the party and see what they say.

Mark

4. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

This is correct ... I am an existing member and they have always allowed me to reinvest with them.