LIC & LIT LIC Educational Material

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Nodrog, 18th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Last time I checked this thread was about LIC Educational Material:confused:.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Well yes, but I think it's a fair question about what type of investor LICs are suited to.

Actually, some of the content you've posted in this thread may be better suited to the Resources section because you'll be able to update it and keep it as a reference material rather than having it get lost amongst the other threads.

I'll see about setting something up.

3. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

WIC and OZG both dabble in the resources/commodity sector as does more recent strategies with HHV but that surely it would be an ambitious novice to start off with any of that 3 LICs

BUT some resource/commodity stocks ( BHP , RIO , WPL NCM , ORG as examples ) could be seen as good value by fund managers ( especially with headwinds expected for the big 4 banks and WOW )

i don't hold it but would something like ALI be a nice starting point for a novice in these uncertain times .

picking a small selection of good ( novice-friendly ) LICs has been much easier in the past

4. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

Focus on LIC dividend sustainability
    by Peter Rae on October 6, 2016

One of the reasons investors have embraced the listed investment company (LIC) sector is the fact that many LICs offer a reliable source of franked dividend income. We have calculated that LICs with an Australian large cap shares focus currently offer an average dividend yield of 4.4%, with most dividends fully franked. For LICs with an Australian mid to small cap shares focus the average yield is 4.6%, although not all dividends are fully franked. Twenty-three LICs on our data base with an Australian shares focus and those with a blended portfolio of Australian and international shares with a dividend yield of 4.4% or higher are shown in the table below.

... read more

===============================================================================

of those mentioned

i hold WIC , CAM , CDM , IBC , CIE , BKI , WAX and OZG

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Oct, 2016

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia