Managed Funds Lincoln Aust Fund - I don't get it

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Glebe, 16th Nov, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mark Leo

Mark Leo Well-Known Member

Thanks Willly and Tailcat!
    ML

2. Venger

Venger Member

I don't use a financial adviser. My wealth is tied up in property and direct shares.
    Relative Newbie with managed Funds.

My interpretation of the Lincoln PDS is that as I don't use a financial adviser, then their is no commision or trailing commision deducted from my Lincoln Retail holdings.
    So there is no point in using Investsmart.

Or is it otherwise for trailing commissions? Anyone know for sure?

3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Venger,

I would be very surprised if this is how they do it. You might want to double check with Lincoln if you are going direct.

Ask them if you don't have an adviser what the standard entry fee and ongoing adviser fee will be.

You might get a nasty surprise if they clip your first contribution by the maximum entry fee so best to double check rather than losing money for no reason.

Cheers,

Dan

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

According to the PDS there are no upfront fees (page 26)

They do pay commissions (page 27)

Generally trailing commissions are taken from the management fees you've already paid on your funds and not as an additional expense. If you read the table of fees on page 26 of the PDS, you'll note the following comment for "Responsible Entity Fees":

So you do pay the commission via the management fees they charge. If you use InvestSmart (or some other trailing commission rebate broker), then you will effectively reduce your management fee by the amount of the trailing commission. That would generally be a good thing I'd think!

5. Venger

Venger Member

Thankyou, that helps clarify the process.

6. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

Anyone interested there is a Lincoln presentation in Brisbane this Wednesday at Quay West, 132 Alice Street, city, at 12 noon and again at 6.00-7.30 pm.
    Register on their website.