Living on Equity??

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Triu, 4th Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Hi can someone explain how the living on equity scenario works? Is it not risky if something goes wrong with the investments?

what strategy do you propose? or is it each to their own strategy. How can i find out more about it!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

3. Triu

Triu Well-Known Member

Yes i have read it twice. I believe i have a initial fear of doing it and then if things go wrong how can i fix it. How long would it take to make $1.4million in equity? any ideas?

4. Simon Hampel

Depends on what you have now - assets / liabilities / income / expenses ... they all impact on how quickly you can build equity ... as does lifestyle - eg. the amount of free time you have etc.

The difficult part is knowing where to start.

I think the easiest way to move forward is to buy an investment property. Before you do that though, you need to save a deposit. Before you can save a deposit, you need to free up as much spare cashflow as possible.

I suggest starting with a budget to make sure you control expenses - and then saving as much as you can.

5. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Triu - Take Sim's advice and with some of that spare time you identify, get a spot booked on a Navra Seminar. And start odcumenting your strategy and challenges and present them to a trusted planner/s to start you on the path to either wealth creation, income generation, or both :p

6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

You could always purchase a number of IP's and then in retirement years sell off a few and live off the proceeds..but thats like killing the chickens that lay the eggs for you; LOE attempts to rectify that and let you keep your chickens :D

How many IP's do you have so far towards your eventual goals and are you looking at other Asset Classes to assist?

PS- Everything has some risk; Life, Relationships,Crossing the road....I guess at the end of the day we all try and minimize it to some degree and move forward (I still get the symptoms after I invest a *wack* of money into something, be it Shares, Funds, Property etc)

Last edited by a moderator: 6th Oct, 2006
  7. Ol School Skata

Ol School Skata Well-Known Member

Is the 5th and Final Chapter actually coming soon or is it coming soon in another 6 months time???

I have been keen to read the final chapter for months now and i still wait...

Any news on when the final instalment will be completed and available?

OSS

8. Simon Hampel

Given that Steve has been away in Europe for the last 2 months, and indeed is still away as far as I know ... it won't be available for a little while yet.

9. Bob__

Bob__ Well-Known Member

Steve's home

I heard he is back....