Join our investing community

Looking to start financial planning business

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ahmoh, 20th Apr, 2010.

1. Ahmoh

Ahmoh Member

Hi all,

Just came across this great site tonight and signed up immediately. I hope to learn and share the knowledge / experience.

I am a qualified financial planner currently working in Brisbane CBD. I am AFP member with FPA aiming to complete my CFP within next 12 months.

I am looking to start my own business or join an existing firm with succession plan in pipeline. The ideal location would be south Brisbane. I have identified certain target groups and still working on market plan.

My issue is I do not have existing client base. Could someone advice if there is any dealer groups that provide referral system or a system to build a business from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmoh

2. bigbuddha

bigbuddha Well-Known Member

Ahmoh,

Having just recently gone through the process of reviewing a number of dealerships, there are none that really provide a good referral system.

The only place that would provide consistent referrals would be a bank or credit union but there is usually contractual issue's as to who actually owns the clients and if you can take any with you if you leave.

I have just opened up another office in Nundah, I have one already in Indooroopilly, if you are interested maybe we can work something out.

PM me if your interested in talking.

cheers,