Join our investing community

Lookout for Bubbles.

Discussion in 'The Economy' started by Johny_come_lately, 16th Dec, 2010.

1. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

2. explosiveanthony

explosiveanthony Member

That's an interesting article you posted Johny.
    There is further evidence to support Tim's argument - The greater fool theory (as one author puts it).

Regardless of how you invest, I think the main safeguard against the overpriced valuations is to have a disciplined system. If you follow fundamental analysis - you would not buy ridiculously overpriced assets.

If you follow a trend following style of analysis - it would have you out of the market with a big chunk of profit.
    Whichever style you implement, make sure it is written down to take the emotion.

Anthony

3. Johny_come_lately

Off Topic: What was the storm like yesterday in Brisy?

J.

4. explosiveanthony

explosiveanthony Member

lol. Apparently it did a bit of damage on the south side. But the north side didn't really get much.
    The storm this arvo was real eerie - Like off a horror movie (but kinda kool). Did you get get hit with the storms hanging around this arvo?

Ant

5. Johny_come_lately

Yeah. The thunder was getting louder and louder. I was trying to finish my Buy & hold post. Then the hail came. So I unplugged all my electrical appliances. A bolt of lightning hit the tree outside. :eek: It exploded in a ball of flame. :eek::eek: Then there was a loud hum. And the power went out. :mad: Then heavy, heavy rain. More storms came at 7pm. The power is back on now. :eek:

Johny.