M&A Peaking

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Tim__, 19th Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

There's no harm with that graph, but I'd recommend anyone who reads the Daily Reckoning to take a large dose of salt with it. It's heavily doom and gloom biased.

3. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

You would have to think that company values in the 10 years between peaks would of doubled in value making the chart misleading.
    They even advertise themselves that way.

4. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

Oh yeh....

Agora publishing and Bill Bonner..

Take everything they say with a healthy serving of salt as Glebe suggests. I love reading Bonner as he's a wordsmith and very well read but you need to understand they are in the business of monetizing fear. Greed and fear are the bugs best friend.

Ranch land in Argentina, appartments and conference centres in France... He's doing ok you might say.

Fear is as good as gold perhaps?!

5. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

And Dan Denning..

He published this chart linking the current XJO rise to the 80's with the obvious implication we are going parabolic and .... you can fill in the blanks.

I posted a comment that this was very misleading and playing into numerous visual biases we have, and a % comparison has us nowhere near the 80's yet. No reply.

Makes me wonder about the level of research that goes into the posts, it's pushing of the fear button over and over and over again, just as long as you know that it makes for pretty good reading.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia