Managed Funds MacQuarie reFleXion trust June 2007

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Mark I, 2nd Feb, 2014.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hawd69

hawd69 Member

tax bill from ATO for Macquarie reflexion

Thanks for the post - I can definitely help with some info as I have been through an epic journey regarding this. send me a message and I can help.

2. mdougie

mdougie New Member

Hi I just received a tax bill for over $20k. Do I have to pay? What are my options

3. hawd69

hawd69 Member

Ive just sent you a private message.If you dont get it please message me again.

For all others that are reading this, please message me if you have been burnt by this product! I have news!

4. hawd69

hawd69 Member

Ive just sent you a private message.If you dont get it please message me again.

For all others that are reading this, please message me if you have been burnt by this product! I have news!

5. mdougie

mdougie New Member

Private message re reflexions

I didn't get private message so I sent you a private message to let you know I didn't get your private message

6. MacRippedOff

MacRippedOff New Member

From what I was told by Macquarie when I questioned them, the income that was received was offset by an adjustment to your loan. Even though everything was reported in AUD they are saying you were actually lent the money in the local currency and that borrowing was hedged so the adjustment is the difference in the hedged amount. I'm trying to find the PDS but can't find it online anymore. Unless it says in the PDS that you will be lent the money in local currency converted to AUD then my argument would be that they lent the money in AUD (we have loan docs and statements as well as interest calcs to support this) and they actually owe the money.

7. hawd69

hawd69 Member

hi MacRippedOff,

I have the PDS and care share with you. Please check your private messages.

8. cath bond

cath bond New Member

Hi all, I lost money through the Macquarie Reflexion trust also - any updates? I rang Maurice Blackburn lawyers and waiting for them to get back to me as to whether I can lodge a claim or get money back. Has anyone had any success getting money back or some sort of compensation for their losses?

9. hawd69

hawd69 Member

I wouldnt hang my hat on Maurice blackburn being able to get an outcome - to this extent I dont think they have gotten anyone in relexion a settlement yet?!

Mac have protected themselves very well in their PDS which makes getting money back very dificult. If someone has media contacts, I think this is a story they would be very interested in. As for getting some money back - Im hopeful but not optimistic.