Managed Funds Macquarie Small Companies Growth Trust

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Lam Thieu, 7th Sep, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Is anyone currently part of this managed fund?

It has a pretty high morningstar rating and the MER is quite compettiive for such a growth orienter high performing fund?

Or is this too risky?

2. Meggsy

Meggsy Well-Known Member

I have some money in that fund - about 12% of the money I have invested currently. I'm only learning too, but my experience with the fund has been good. It has grown quite a bit over the last year (I was fortunate enough to get in almost exactly one year ago). Not that past growth indicates future performance.

In terms of the admin side of things I've been pretty happy, they send statements out in a timely manner, you can access your account online, it isn't as good as the CFS setup for online access (I don't think you can bpay more money into the fund like you can with CFS) however atleast you can see your balance at anytime.

I think risk is different for everyone, it depends why you are investing, the timeframe etc. I'm not really in a position to say if it is too risky for you, I think it is only something you can decide. It has returned over 60% in the last year, naturally with returns comes risk.

From their PDS:
    Risk Relative To Category
    1 Year Above Average
    3 Year Above Average
    5 Year Above Average
    Fund: Above Average

Objectives
    To perform better than the S&P/ASX Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index; over the long-term. Suggested investment timeframe is at least five years.

Suggested timeframe and objectives will give some kind of indication of the risk.

Hope I've helped a bit.