Join our investing community

Making $50,000 Per Year from the Baby Bonus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Norak Bastiat, 31st Mar, 2008.

1. Norak Bastiat

Norak Bastiat Well-Known Member

16th Sep, 2007
    This is all hypothetical. I am not going to attempt to do any of it, but I'm wondering whether it is possible.

Last week I watch an A Current Affairs program about women having babies for the Baby Bonus and then spending the $2000 on alcohol, drugs, or plasma TVs.

Even though the Baby Bonus will increase to $5000 soon under the Rudd Government, many people believe that that still is not enough to cover the cost of raising a child.

The Sydney Morning Herald said the following: "The report on the cost of raising children, released this morning by AMP Financial Services and the National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling at the University of Canberra, reveals that a typical middle-income family will spend $537,000 on bringing up two children for the first 21 years."

Source: $500,000! That's what two kids cost - National -

If we spend $537,000 on two children from age zero to age 21 then one child will cost $1065 per month (537000/2/21/12 = 1065).

Suppose I have 12 girlfriends and impregnate one every month. Then every month I should expect one baby plus $5,000 Baby Bonus. The $5,000 per month Baby Bonus revenue minus the $1,065 per month cost of raising a baby give give me a monthly profit of $3,934 per month or $47,214 per year.

The more girlfriends I have, the more frequent the Baby Bonus income stream, the more money I will make. For example, if I have 52 girlfriends and impregnate one every week then I will earn a profit of $247,215 per year (5000*52 - 547214/2/21 = 247,215).

Are there any errors I have made in my calculations?
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

9th Jun, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes - you will probably not survive past the first few months once the women work out what is going on. At best you will die quickly - at worst, you will be maimed for life :p
  3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

15th Aug, 2005
    Sydney, NSW
    funny thread. I'd rather have 12 girlfriends and not impregnate them, just practise.
  4. hiflo

hiflo Well-Known Member

3rd Jun, 2006
    Sydney, NSW
    Would the girls let you have the money?

Wouldn't they direct it to their bank account rather than yours?

If I were one of the girls, I would direct the fund to my account.

On another note, why don't you try to impregnate girls every day?

365 babies a year*(45 years of reproductive life)=16425 babies..
    16425 * 5000 = 82 million dollars.

Can you remember all your children's names?

But I think it's a nice thought, though.