Managed Funds Managed fund - New to MF's - advice

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by kiwi000, 8th Jul, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kiwi000

kiwi000 New Member

Hi,

I have invested in shares but am keen to begin investing in a managed fund. I am a small investor but would still like any advice available. I currently have about 10k in a variety of blue chip shares.

I wanted to use that money as collatoral and obtain a margin loan ratio 50-50and enter into a managed fund - growth - multi sector.

I was looking at Zurich Investment Management Limited
    Entry price = $0.89
    Minimum Initial Investment: $1,000.00
    Asset Allocation 17% Aust fixed interest, 35%Aust shares, 8.5% cash, 5% International fix int, 26.17 % international shares, 8% property (approx).
    I am interested in investing over the long term but want to contribute say $2000 now and then a set amount each month. Matching this contribution with money from a margin loan.

I thought this might be a good idea while share prices are low and I can claim the interest costs as a tax deduction. Currently earning 70k per year and have nothing to claim.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

What is it about this fund that caught your attention?

3. kiwi000

kiwi000 New Member

Well I currently have an investment account with Comm Sec. I was looking for funds with low entry amounts and as I am not very familiar with MF's I was looking at high MorningStar ratings, I wanted a multisector fund and it seemed to tick all of the boxes.

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Why do you want a multisector fund ?

5. APerry

APerry Active Member

If you are concerned about fees you should use one of the rebating services to access the funds, they will most probably be cheaper than Commsec

6. kiwi000

kiwi000 New Member

Well the reason I wanted to invest in a managed fund was being able to diversify my investment over different sectors.

7. kiwi000

kiwi000 New Member

The other fund I am interested in is - CFS MIF - Diversified Fund

8. Jennylichen

Jennylichen New Member

I am in the similar situation and agree with your decision. I am now considering IOOF Pursuit Core investment fund. This is a platform, and I want to set up monthly contribution of $500 and initial investment $2000 to invest in Vanguard Property Index Fund, Zurich internation fund and Platinum international Fund. I have some BT margin loan,but only for Australian Share trading.

9. nakuru

nakuru New Member

Could you please give an example of the rebating service? What is it exactly?
    Thanks

10. APerry

APerry Active Member