Margin Facility Portfolio XLS help

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Tom Alaka, 13th Jan, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tom Alaka

Tom Alaka Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Was wondering if I could have some assistance with the attached margin facility xls sheet. I use this sheet to keep track of my margin facility as well as portfolio performance, and running risk scenarios.

Works pretty well for what I need , though getting a little cumbersome as I need to add in all new buys, DRPs etc and the list is getting quite long. What would the best way be to simplify a statement of current holdings for a data entry list of 200 lines long?

In essence, I would like:
    - Simple portfolio list by stock
    - Simple graph of this.

I’ll need to integrate a dividend sheet, and and also a seperate page for my holdings themselves (at the moment I double entry for the amrgin facility and for the portfolio sheet).

Alternatively could anyone volunteer a better spreadsheet of their own? ( I’ve tried demos of many available portfolio management software as well as google searches of available xls spreadsheets, and none yet seem to do the trick for me).

Im no trader - I really dont want anything too fancy analysis wise. Just something that is simple to use and easy to undertand. And not waste much time with data entry.

Cheers,
    Tom

Attached Files:

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.