Margin Loans Margin Loan Broker

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by coopranos, 12th Apr, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. coopranos

coopranos Well-Known Member

Can anyone here recommend a good broker who deals with Margin Loans on shares/managed funds?
    Thanks!

2. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Don't know that there is such a thing.

Just do a search here and then choose one. They are pretty similar and there is not too many out there.

I use Leveraged Equities myself and am pretty happy.

Cheers,

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You don't need a broker to find a margin loan - there aren't that many to choose from. If anything, it's financial advisors who choose margin lenders for many people (and often get a trail for doing so).

InfoChoice is a good place to start:

INFOCHOICE | Investment | Margin Lending

It's also worth checking their LVR lookup to find what each lender will offer on the funds you hold (or are planning on holding).

INFOCHOICE | Investment | Margin Lending | Compare

I've been with Leveraged Equities for several years, and am very happy with their service now ... I recently moved some of my funds to St. George to get a better LVR on a couple of my funds, but I've decided to move them back to LevEq.

4. HulbertJ

HulbertJ Member

My wife and I both use NAB margin lending. They have a pretty competative % rate (particularliy cheap if you pre pay 12 months of interest) and a pretty comprehensive list of approved investments. (they recently increased the LVRs on over 200 of their direct share approved investments which helped!)

They have a 5% buffer on direct and a 10% buffer on Managed Funds.

St George has a more comprehensive approved investment list but a more expensive % rate. St George has 10% buffer for both direct and managed funds.

Good Luck

Jase

5. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Many Financial Planners will rebate back a percentage of the interest rate which makes it more competitive.

SGB we normally offer a 0.25% rebate.

6. Bantam Roosta

Bantam Roosta Well-Known Member

I use CommSec. Decent rate, especially for small players like myself, and they just increased their lend on most of Platinums funds to 75%, which is great for me. Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with the float they are broking.:rolleyes:

BR