Margin Loans Margin loan LVRs

Discussion in 'Sharemarket Investing Platforms, Tools & Services' started by Simon Hampel, 17th Jan, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Did you realise that LVRs for margin loans can be negotiated ?

It turns out they will sometimes negotiate a better LVR for you than what is specified on their official list (especially if it means retaining your business) - as I've just found out with Leveraged Equities.

Of course, we're talking large loan amounts here ... I doubt they would be that accomodating for smaller loans.

I didn't get much extra - just 5% on two CFS wholesale funds, but it was enough to convince me to keep most of my business with Leveraged Equities for now (I was only moving for the better LVRs ... I've been more than happy with their service and support).

I'm still partically refinancing - they couldn't match the LVRs for several of my other funds, so I'm moving them to a new margin lender, I'll run with both in parallel - a bit of a pain and extra paperwork, but should give me a bit more flexibility too.

2. TechMan

TechMan Well-Known Member

I didn't know that, thanks. But i guess like many things, everything is negotiable if their is an incentive for the other party to do so (i.e. in your case saying "it's been nice knowing you, but im going elsewhere")