Marginal seats - investment opportunity

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by tony__, 25th Jul, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tony__

tony__ Well-Known Member

Hi

I note the AFR today had an article about those areas (suburbs) which were deemed Federal marginal electoral seats.

For example, Parramatta is one such area where at the last Federal election the Lib member lost by a very slim number of votes.

Obviously the Federal Liberal Gov't will be throwing money at such seats in the forthcoming election in order to induce the voters to vote for their (Lib) candidate eg funding for new sports facilities/ relocation of Fed Government facilities/ etc.

My point being, is it worth correlating the list of all such marginal seats against other factors, such a projected population growth, proposed infrastructure development (assuming such measures were readily available).

That could then provide a guide to those suburbs likely for real estate gains !

Comments ?

Tony

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I have no doubt the Fed govt will be doing it hardest to sway those swinging voters in such seats with enticements of all types- including property inducements. However, I don't see how one electorate would benefit enormously simply due to this factor. You also need to consider the "lag" time of such benefits and "promises"- as they can run into years.