Join our investing community

Master of Financial Planning - Kaplan or Deakin?

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Ema24, 3rd Jul, 2014.

?

Which education path will provide greater career prospects?

1. Deakin University - Master of Financial Planning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kaplan Higher Education - Master of Financial Planning

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. University of Western Sydney - Master of Commerce (Financial Planning Major)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Ema24

Ema24 Member

Hi All,

Looking into commencing a Master of Financial Planning Degree, though do not know which course provider to select.

Kaplan Higher Education or Deakin Uni?

Any thoughts on which choice of the two would the better one? pros/cons?

Deakin is approximately 9k more expensive - though wondering if it was worth the difference in price.

**Also another option - though not preferred, was University of Western Sydney - Reason I bring this up is because they offer a Master of Commerce majoring in Financial Planning <- Would this course provide me a broader education in finance, hence offering broader options in career path, in case of a sea change in the future? Or not worth it?

2. Terryw

Terryw Well-Known Member

Hi Ema

What about the Master of Financial Planning and Taxation at UNSW? I was thinking about doing this myself.
    Master of Taxation - Postgraduate Business Degrees - ASB - UNSW

I would be inclined to suggest UWS. Kaplan is not a uni so not as prestigious. Deakin ccould be done online i think so that may be a advantage.

3. Ema24

Ema24 Member

Thank you for the feed back, spoke to UNSW and was advised that some of the subjects or atleast their exams (if not all the exams) are required to be completed on site - I live in VIC, so no go.