Join our investing community

Me too!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tulip, 14th Aug, 2007.

1. Tulip

Tulip Member

Hi there,

Thanks to all those regular posters, I am another who has learnt much from lurking up until now.

We are at the growth building stage of our investment plan, currently via property which both myself and my other half are pretty comfortable with (we are in our 30s, two kidlets). We have an ok understanding on what is a good property for us, but have let ourselves down in the past though ineffective loan structuring and lack of flexibility within our plans.

We are currently restructuring our property loans with an experienced mortgage broker (found on SS), and now trying to maximise our cashflow to help us achieve our goals as effectively as possible.

While paying down our PPOR is our current primary aim, we are also investigating the share market which we aim on becoming more involved in as the PPOR reduces. We could also set up a SMSF, which is a goal for the next 12 months. We are currently using a dummy portfolio and do not want to rush into this if the share market is close to peaking this cycle without fully understanding what we are doing (the name Tulip is to remind me not to buy overvalued assets!).

I have just asked a question regarding debt recycling if anyone is having a quiet day at work.

Cheers,

Tulip

2. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Tulip.

It seems you're a property person, but if you've got any spare cash some great companies like CBA, Woolworths and BHP are on special this week...

3. Smartypants

Smartypants Well-Known Member

Don't think you have to worry too much about that at the moment ;)

4. Tulip

Tulip Member

Thanks Glebe,

We do want to move into shares to balance our negative gearing in property, but thought we would build that side of it slowly for a while. Certainly some good specials around, given our experience level we might wait a few months to see how the dust settles right now. Are watching income producing shares in particular at the moment, such as WES, CBA, ANZ, WBC, TLSCA, AMP, BHP, RIO and WPL. Still getting my head around when and how these pay, CGT on the income, how many of what we should hold etc, but have just been approved for another property so will pick that up while watching from the sidelines on the shares side of things and continuing to learn (we like the leverage of property).

Smartypants, yeah brought first ever shares first week of October...1987, didn't have a clue and learnt a few good lessons. Thought there might be a couple of years left in this cycle, but the only reason we haven't jumped in is really we can still service our IPs right now.