Join our investing community

Melbourne "Warren B Style" Investment Club

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FCF, 27th Jun, 2008.

1. FCF

FCF New Member

Hi

I have had a club going with a couple of friend of mine where we are trying to put all the stuff we have read about Warren Buffet and "Value analysis" into practice.

Our club has been going for about three years where we covered a range of subjects in the area of finance and wealth creation. We meet once a month where we present the results of the tasks that were set by the group in the previous month (these tasks typically take about 4 hours to complete). We have now decided to focus our attention on investment in the style of warren buffet. We aim to build a list of good companies in Australia and establish a price we are prepared to pay for those.

If there is anyone in Melbourne who thinks they maybe interested in joining us then please drop me a line.

Paul

2. BuffettWorshiper

BuffettWorshiper New Member

Paul,

I too am a devotee of Buffett's investment style. I was surfing last week found a tool that values businesses. It claims to use the same formula as Buffett! StockVal.com.au

They offer free trials from time to time. Might be worth having a look/

Matt

3. FCF

FCF New Member

stockval

It could be pretty usefull however it is fairly expensive and at the moment I want to be able to do the work myself before I delegate it out. Kind of like learning to add up before I use a calculator. I have listened to a podcast from the ASX website from a company called clime capital that have a tool such as this. If you do go ahead and use there services I would be interested how you get on!

If you have time to do stuff yourself then I would reccomend feed://feeds.feedburner.com/gannononinvesting/valueinvestingpodcast

he has a podcast on using valueline which is a low cost service that presents data in a friendly format for value analysis. There are samples on the site I have looked at.

I now have a blog if your interested in what I'm trying to do.

Fat Cats Finance Value Analysis

All the best

Paul

4. James 200

James 200 Jimmy

I have been investing for a long time and doing pretty well using Buffet and Graham. Are you guys still meeting to discuss investments?

5. FCF

FCF New Member

Meeting

Yes we are still meeting up please drop me a line at paulaylingaustralia (at) gmail.com

Replace (at) with @

6. brownj

brownj New Member

Value Style Investing

Hi,
    I am interested in joining a group for discussion on shares and "value investing"
    When do you meet, Where do you meet, What would be the committment both time and money. Your input would be appreciated.

7. Barani

Barani New Member

8. txchou

txchou New Member

How's the club? Still around?