Misleading advertising

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 12th Feb, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I know there's plenty of examples of this in every industry (think pictures of McDonalds burgers for a start!) but there was a good article in SMH's Domain yesterday about RE agents. With agents being the main contributors, there were a few stories of agent "lingo" that made me laugh. We all recognise them by now, and who can blame the agents when all they're doing is trying to talk up the positives and downplay or "accidentally" miss the negatives?

The best one, however, was a Mosman agent, who claimed that the question of north facing aspect was severely misinterpreted by more than one agent in the game. His comment: "Some agents argue that in a south-facing backyard you can walk to the back of the yard and turn around and you'll be north facing". Cunning, indeed :)

When I've been out and about, most REA's simply don't know which way north is so the addition of a little compass in my handbag (amazing what you can fit in these items, gentlemen!) always helps :)
    I also keep a tape measure handy, as empty spaces can be quite deceiving. Also good for ensuring that double beds do actually fit in the rooms that are supposedly bedrooms, but sometimes pass as nothing more than walk in closets or converted sunrooms etc.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia