More fuel for the fire

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by MichaelW, 20th Apr, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Guys,

For those still in the bear camp, the attached article might help paint the picture a bit more about why I think we're in for a sustained bull run on the global equities markets.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business...n-three-decades/2006/04/19/1145344154012.html

Some key points:

There's a few more gems in that article, but I'll let you read it in full yourself. It just really validates the position I've held for a while now that the commodities boom is not going to be short lived, and that it is brought about by rising demand lead primarily by Asia but with a strong US and recovering Europe.

Platinum Asia returned over 7% last month, and I've just sent my PDS in to put $250K into that fund with dividends re-invested.

Gotta love this environment!

:cool:
    Michael.

2. -T-

-T- Well-Known Member

125% annualised... mediocre :rolleyes: hehe

3. Mark Leo

Mark Leo Well-Known Member

Plat Asia

Michael,

In another post you said:

"Platinum Japan
    Platinum Asia
    Platinum International
    NavTrade US
    Ralton DPS3 - ASX All Cap

I'm adopting almost equal weightings in each, but slightly higher in both the NavTrade US and the Ralton Aus funds to offset the fact I'm doubling up in Asia by going Asia plus Japan. The international should also just give me some spread including some Europe exposure."

Is the 250k you mentioned above an extra investment in the Plat Asia fund, and if so why the extra exposure? Are you seeing some extra value there, over and above the other funds listed above? Just interested as I was considering some leveraged exposure to their Asia fund.

Mark.

4. Maverick__

Maverick__ Well-Known Member

Platinum reports are out

FYI - Platinum published the latest Quarterly Investment Reports on their website - check out the Platinum Asia Fund report at http://www.platinum.com.au/reports/pafqtr_0306.pdf. I have recently invested into the Asia fund and waiting for the Margin Loan facility to be established to invest more (Asia or Japan or International Brands fund).

5. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Any idea how much of that 49% is income - and how much is growth?
    Probably a very small amount I would imagine is income (if any?).

6. Maverick__

Maverick__ Well-Known Member

Here is the answer to your question:

HTML:
    Performance as at 31 March 2006

Period      Income(%)pa     Growth(%)pa     Total Return(%)pa   Category Rank   Volatility
    ------      -----------     -----------     -----------------   -------------   ----------
    6 months    0.00            26.73           26.73               1 of 13         N/A
    1 year      13.26           35.50           48.76               1 of 13         4.04
    2 Years     8.48            32.38           40.86               1 of 10         4.22
    3 Years     6.13            37.60           43.73               N/A             3.96

Source: Tradingroom.com.au (Platinum Asia Fund)

7. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Not bad :)
    Thanks for that Maverick.