Mortgage Watchdog

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Jacque, 14th Jun, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Seems like Mortgage Watchdog have been taking marketing lessons from the US hype companies to spread their ads via emails that take a good 20 mins just to read to the bottom *sigh* :rolleyes:

With their claims that their amazing software can find bank errors in your statements or they'll refund you AN INCREDIBLE $250!!!!! the scare tactics seem to be alive and well. With most of us able to use our own spreadsheets to pick up discrepancies in statements, I guess the software isn't all that necessary. Then again their software may present an easy option for those less inclined to do the work themselves. But, by the time any potential buyer of their product reads to the end of their ad, the special may well and truly be over anyway ;) :D

Anyone here used it with success over their own spreadsheets or available calculators?

2. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Well, by the lack of responses, I guess the short answer is NO!!!

Feel free to amend accordingly, however, if you have used the product. From what I've read elsewhere, users have been disappointed in it.

3. Tzaki

Tzaki Well-Known Member

Never really seen the pint of it, Quicken or just excel does the same job. BUT I have not seen the product in person.

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Actually Quicken and Excel don't quite do the same job (although you could make Excel do it with a bit of effort).

There are some nuances involved in accurately calculating the loan payments - there are rules involved, and you need to fully understand the rules to get it right. Some friends of mine built a product to calculate loans for people offering vendor finance (wrappers) - and there was quite a bit of research that went into getting the calculations exactly right.

5. SteveB

SteveB New Member

I have just purchased this program for $159 + postage and handling and I was unable to register and use the program. I then found out that the free bonus book 'offers', are not books, (as shown on the web site), but PDF downloads. I feel that if this program is so good as they make out, why do they need to try to 'deceive' people in thinking that they will receive 4 free books in the deal, and it's not until you pay your money for the product that you realise that you don't receive the books.
    I have now found that there are a lot of other Mortgage checker programs on the net which a lot cheaper that this one and in some cases are free.
    This program was promoted by A Current Affairs on channel 9 in Sydney which doesn't say to much for their ethical standards, as they would have done some research on the software and looked at the web site.

6. Sacko

Sacko Well-Known Member

I bought it some time ago but had only just taken out the mortgage on my PPOR so I didn't have too much data to enter at that time. 5 years down the track I have the data but have switched over to a new PC and can't get the old rego code to work!

7. Chomp__

Chomp__ Well-Known Member

Hi Jacque try this it might help if you need an excel spreadsheet.

View attachment 597

The accountant at work sent me this I used it a couple of years ago and it worked ok a bit time consuming depending on how many transactions you have.

Chomp

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 27th Dec, 2008
  8. Sparky0118

Sparky0118 New Member

The Interest Guardian

Hello,

If you are after a free interest checker then visit The Interest Guardian Website.

www.interestguardian.com

The website lets you check an interest period and then generate a report that gives you a day by day break down of the interest your should have been charged.

Sparky