Join our investing community

Motor Bikes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pudsa, 24th May, 2006.

1. pudsa

pudsa Well-Known Member

Hi all, now for a change absolutely nothing to do with investing (some may say it just got boring :D ) but am after opinions. In early 50s (eek!!) so deep into my mid life crisis and have decided to return to motor bike riding after an absence of some years. Bought the gear, done a refresher course and am researching bikes. Am after a cruiser and am looking at the Honda VT750 and the Kawasaki VN800 (second hand, cannot afford new) and would appreciate opinion on either of the bikes. Am 183cms, 87kgs, not out to burn rubber, simply like to purr along and enjoy the scenery with the occasional outburst, hey we are talking motorbikes here.
    Cheers
    Pudsa :cool:

2. MrDarcy

MrDarcy Well-Known Member

My Ducati just sits in the garage, no time for a mid-life crisis. But if I was looking for a crusing bike, I think I'd be looking BMW. Not sure of exact model, maybe 1200rt. Still enough power for some fun on a track day, but not so hard on the over 40's bum and back.

3. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member

Don't know about cruisers but I've had a lot of fun on my ZRX1200R, including some decent trips since 2001.

When I get more time I might consider a Yamaha FJR1300 so I can really chew some miles up.