Join our investing community

Multiple perspectives of the market

Discussion in 'Investing Strategies' started by wdongli, 16th Jan, 2011.

1. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Naturally all of market players fail to see different sides of one thing in the market and then fail their attempts to get their profit objectives.

Before I lost my shirts in IT busts I never thought I should view the market and my shares in different views even my life experiences always tell me that every time when I changed my view angle to some vital matters or events, my life changed significantly and became much better than my expectation.

Most of market market players or business if fail since they fail to create the new ways based on the conventional ways everyone gets used in their daily life and jobs. Market is turbulent, uncertain, and full of black swans. We have to change our view angles for our winning solution.

How to avoid some basic but vital failure in the market? More thought in wdongli - Member Blogs

Do feel we don't need to be some kind very knowledgeable things such as options but we could get profit with our life logic and common senses. We could expand our knowledge base later or if we could get good enough profit we could hire the excellence with some business way to expand. How? I don't know now since I believe first thing first do now!

We need our mind basically and roughly right to the market!

2. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Bottom lines and strategies

Could you win in the market? Of course you could. Could you lose your shirts again? No question it could be true! I have given up to play for quick and easy money but try to buy anything whose price is much less than its normal price without think whom I am.

Are you investors? Are you traders? Do you play the dirty-cheap fishes or glossy swans? Do you buy the shares or houses for your future financial freedom? Are you value ones or speculative types? We are insane to assert we are value one without efforts to avoid the falling knifes. We are insane we could play the storm or wind for our accumulated deposit in our bank account. We are insane to buy houses if everyone is crazy about the property. Never be insane? You could be insane very soon.

We have to know some bottom lines which we could not lose in our life and market. All of great investment or market strategies have to look after the bottom lines. If any strategies you make or borrow just miss the measures to hold your bottom lines, you should not give any glace to them anymore. They have some fatal shortcoming and if something wrong, everything would be wrong!

OK, what's my bottom line of my market playing which I take as the base for any strategies or ideas of the market? They are:

1. Appreciate Normal. Normal is good. Just getting through the day without disaster is enough. Know what is the market normal!

2. Expect less, expect worse, and expect to win even market is less than normal.

3. Recognize luck. Future could not be predicted since all of our prediction would base on some assumptions which could not be tested and confirmed by our own. Don't forget the black swans and prepare to let the good black swans give you some life turning points.

4. Enjoy what you play. Money is very important and winning is fantastic but you have to make the environment to let you enjoy your playing.

What if we could hold these bottom line in the market? Life is good and really good.