Multiplex European Fund IPO

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Tim__, 17th May, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Hi there,

is anyone intending to invest in the Multiplex European IPO or heard any good/bad news about it?

I am looking at -= Commsec are reserving an entitlement if you subscribe by 22nd.

Tim

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Do you have a link to any details ? PDS ?

3. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Hi Sim,

I have copied the email from Commsec below. A site I frequent often is Shares.cm.au but no one is talking about this float over there in the IPO threads (most talk is about Uranium floats and Platinum).

Cheers,

Tim

Dear Mr Lane
    APPLY BEFORE 22 MAY 2007 TO RECEIVE YOUR FULL PRE-REGISTERED AMOUNT
    Thank you for pre-registering your interest for the Multiplex European Property Fund1 offer (Offer).
    As a result of your pre-registration of interest in the Offer, CommSec has been able to reserve your full pre-registered amount in the Fund being $5000 worth of Units. Send in your Application and cleared Application Monies to CommSec before 22 May 2007 to receive your reserved allocation.
    In addition to receiving your pre-registered amount, you will receive interest on your Application Monies for the period from 23 May 2007 until Allotment. Applications received after 22 May 2007 will not be guaranteed and interest will not be paid on Application Monies.
    To obtain a copy of the PDS and apply
    1. Log on to commsec.com.au using your account number and password.
    2. On the top toolbar, click on IPOs / New Issues.
    3. Click on the Multiplex European Property Fund link.

Please note that Multiplex European Property Fund offer is due to close on 20 June 2007, but may close early if oversubscribed.

4. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Tim

As a matter of principal, emails like that which guarantee an allocation can be a flag for concern in my view. The float you want a piece of is the one that's so heavily subscribed that you are scrabbling to get your piece of the action.

Emails like that suggest to me they can't give it away...BUT perhaps you're an especially favoured client ;)

Just idle speculation only...I don't know anything about this float.

Cheers
    N

5. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Nigel,

yes I know what you mean but still a bit hard to tell. I got a letter saying I had $10 000 reserved and now down to $5000. I got my full $20k for Platinum through Commsec and have been trading with them for 11 years and have margin facility so I might be a special client but I really dont know.

TIm