Join our investing community

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Norak Bastiat, 8th Mar, 2008.

1. Norak Bastiat

Norak Bastiat Well-Known Member

16th Sep, 2007
    I am worried about the lack of vegetables I eat. Since I live with my parents I don't get much of a say in what I eat. I am thinking of taking multivitamins.

Does anyone here take multivitamins? Can anyone recommend a multivitamin that has everything in it, one I can take every day and not have to worry about nutritional deficiencies?

I am thinking about Centrum but does Centrum compensate for lack of fiber or calcium or fish oil?
  2. rowande

rowande Member

22nd Dec, 2007
    Look at the ingredients. Centrum are expensive and don't have a lot in them. I guess their advertising budget makes them expensive. You will get more for less if you just go with something like natures way.
  3. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

8th Sep, 2007
    Sydney, NSW
    Hi Norak,

Your body will only absorb a certain number of the vitamins you put in it, the rest will flow through your body.

As a simple way of being a little bit more healthier is lifestyle choices, try eating more green salads, if this is a problem at home you can have them when you go out (lunch during the week or nights out with friends). Oporto's salad is nice and you can get it as a "meal" with a 600ml water, certainly healthier than a softdrink and good to flush your body once in a while. I like usually getting a Caesar salad with chicken, and you can ask them to leave out the egg if your not into eggs.

Other ways are having Subway 6 inch sandwiches, relatively healthy, I love the Pizza (Salami and Pepperoni) and the Chicken, I usually have the Chipotle Southwest which is the tastiest and ******st (as it's a creamy sauce), all their sauces are nice :)

Also back to salads, Subway do a MASSIVE salad for $7 or so, it's much bigger than the Oporto's salad which means it's an awesome bargain.

At home, you can buy carrot sticks, celery sticks and Hommus dip from your local supermarket which is very tasty and very healthy!

Also try to limit the amount of salt you have on food as salt isn't that good for you (but obviously don't get rid of it altogether as it usually contains Iodine which you do need).

For some fun at home, my wife and I make pizzas at home, we get Pitta bread, olives, little bit of salami, semi-dried tomatos (fat free which are less oily). Don't put too much on it as they are small pizzas :)

Let me know how you go Norak :)

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

15th Aug, 2005
    Sydney, NSW
    Hi Norak,

I have tended to purchase Centrum in the past, they're available at supermarkets, which are quite a bit cheaper than chemists.

But in my fitness days the experts used to recommened Swisse brand

SWISSE - Ultivite Multivitamin Antioxidant Products

As for fish oils, I supplement with Flaxseed Oil. I use any old brand, the 500ml bottles from health shops or supermarkets if I'm lucky.

But again, the experts recommend the more expensive option - Udo's Choice

Udos Choice products online - ThextonHealth : Nutrition : Fitness : Wellbeing - - Welcome
  5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

1st May, 2007
    Melbourne, VIC
    I personaly take Neways supplements. 'The Energy Trio' they call it.

I take Feroxin - 100+ trace minerals
    Orichel - Multi Vitamin
    Revenol - Most powerful antioxidents avaliable

Antioxidents are very important in a anti-ageing system along with reducing your risk to cancer. Cancer been a major killer in our society!

Feroxin, for every mineraial you lack results upto 5 diseases you can get, minerals can't be produced by your body, like some vitamins can.

Orichel, multi vitamin supplement and also helps protect you again heart disease.

I believe in prevention, this is why I religiously take these and have done so for years. If your after some material to study, get a tape called 'dead doctors don't lie' its very good and has a nobel prize winning doctor explain how important minerals are in our diets and the results of lacking them.