My Home new search site

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 7th Mar, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

What do others think of this new site? myhome.com.au Australian real estate property search

Personally, after having a play and serious look at the site, I'm not that impressed. Search features are flawed and it's easy to become frustrated- not the most user friendly site. Perhaps someone else technical could have a look and offer some opinions? I'm disappointed actually.

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Agree with your view. They've tried some gimmicky things like a print feature which outputs the property details plus a checkbox to do list with things like "contact agent" etc on it.

Also seemed quite slow even from a quite fast connection.

No contest so far...

3. Jacque

I also thought the Saturday TV show (10am) was a bit lame- a giant advertorial for the website, really. Still, if it makes the other major sites like realestate and domain lift their game, then competition like this can only be good :)

4. D&K

D&K Well-Known Member

I actually found that it downloaded faster than either realestate.com.au or domain.com.au have in a long time. Maybe I just got lucky with not many visitors at this time of day?

I prefer to order by most recently listed; probably a symptom of looking too often at the same locations? I also look for details like land area; not sure what that says? This site didn't seem to support either of those features. Maybe I'll try it a few times. Agree, competition is good, it leads to more site features and better information.

Dave

5. D&K

D&K Well-Known Member

Jacque, I just realised, the site is part owned / backed by Publishing and Broadcasting Limited. Who's advertising who? Complementary advertising?

Dave

6. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

My Home will get better. It has been a rush job due to PBL go-live deadlines.

Don't expect many Ray White franchisees to advertise on My Home, they're a shareholder in RE.com.au.

Yes the TV show is a lame, blatant plug for the website. But agents can now pay for TV advertisements for their houses, as well as standard web advertisements.

;)

7. Wayne__

Wayne__ Member

John McGrath is Chairman of the Board of Realesate.com.au and yet he advertises all of his properties for sale on domain.com.au !!!!

Interesting huh ?

Myhome is actually a better site overall in my opinion, it just needs to get rid of the teething problems and make the features easier to find.

Congrats to Packer.

8. masterjunko

masterjunko Member

Somehow the old ads are still there and new ones are not appearing.
    I guess it's beta?

9. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

I take my 2 1/2 year old swimming around this time so miss the show and the site doesnt seem to have previous episodes?

10. abhiramv

abhiramv New Member

Stuck

This site is curently stuck in an infinite loop. Teething problems alright.

11. iiinvestor

iiinvestor Well-Known Member

I just checked it out and have to say I like it a lot more than both of the majors. I like how you can view a list of the properties without pictures, similar to allhomes.com.au. I also like the scrapbook feature and the fact that it caches your searches. Then there's the option of normal or map search, but I'm not sure how Microsoft's mapping will go against Google. It seems ok. Yeah, overall I think it's worth a bookmark. :)

12. Jacque

Especially seeing as they are faithful and faster with reporting sale prices to Domain as well..... hmmm that is interesting.