Managed Funds Navra 2Q distribution

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Chris.R_WA, 19th Dec, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Well, its less than 2 weeks to go in the quarter...and we haven't had the obligatory thread on Navra distribution guesstimates.

So I thought I'd kick it off (if we're still allowed to discuss, that is)...

With the fund moving to cash, I would expect to recieve a cash rate distribution. With interest rates on cash rapidly falling, 6% is still available in some cases - so that would make 1.5% for the quarter.

HOWEVER, in the process of moving to cash, the fund may have realised large losses that won't have been erased by the few weeks of stable cashflow.

So my final guess...I have no idea, and am therefore going to go with 1.00% distribution :D:D

Guess away...

Chris

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I think 1% may be a bit optimistic.

Fund was down over 15% for the quarter when they went to cash. Since moving to cash, the fund has moved up less 0.3%

(Note that by comparison STW is currently 27% down for the quarter).

I suspect the distribution will be minimal this quarter.

Attached Files:

3. JustB

JustB Well-Known Member

It would almost make more sense for there to be no distribution for this quarter. Paying out a distribution will only serve to further lower the unit price. There is already a mandatory instruction in place for series B warrant holders to use the distribution to pay down the loan, so why pay out a distribution at all? I'd rather see that money held within the fund for investment back into the market once the fund starts trading again...assuming of course that not every unit holder would redeem units in lieu of a distribution... :)

4. seaview

seaview Well-Known Member

Steve Navra mentioned 1% distribution over on Navraforum.

5. spider

spider Well-Known Member

You have the option of rolling over back into the fund

Bob