Managed Funds Navra 4th Qtr distribution

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by gad, 11th Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 24724

24724 Well-Known Member

2. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Hmmm... could be.

I purchased IP in North Park 18mths ago from them. So far IP has 5% CG.

Quality of build would not be something I would necessarily rave about. Tenants however seem very happy.

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

4. gad

gad Well-Known Member

Yes through NFS Here_To_Learn

Well done Tropo

Yes, Couture is the developement. I was trying for stage two, not yet started. Evidently 6 NFS clients have missed out, one had his name down before xmas. Way over subscribed I believe.

5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Gad,

In case of stage two, you can still put your name on the list....
    I would do it...
    Seems to me that my TIMING was not that bad after all...;)

6. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when Banyo was a sought after location. I grew up a few suburbs away and used to catch a train to school that went past Banyo - just a daggy suburb, lots of heavy industy, and not much else. I guess when the uni moved in a few years ago it lifted the profile of the area. I assume the Golden Circle Cannery is no longer there. Still a bit too close to the mosquito infested mangroves of Nudgee for my liking.

I'll have to do a drive by next time I'm back in Brissie. What sort of prices are the properties in Couture (what a poncy name) selling for?

John.

7. gad

gad Well-Known Member

I did have my name down for stage 2 Tropo, so did the guy who looked at it before xmas. Obviously, so did a lot of others :(

8. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I am not going to move in, so mosquito is not my problem.:p
    Banyo as "daggy" suburb is about to change with time. Industry may disappear one day.
    Price range $390K - $415K (+-) per house, on the average 550 m sq block (1-st stage).
    Second stage may cost approx. $20K+ more :rolleyes:

9. gad

gad Well-Known Member

10. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Good to hear there is some action taking place in Brisbane !

Sounds like I need to contact NFS to see what other oppurtunities are out there in the $390K - $410K mark.

Thanks for sharing info guys !

11. OLI__

OLI__ Well-Known Member

So do we know what has 'happened this month' yet? Are we still looking at the 5-7% range?

I also have a small investment in the US Fund but to date have largely ignored (and re-invested) the small distributions received from this fund, preferring to invest in the Australian Fund instead. Due to the poor returns from the US Fund I had no plans of investing any more money in it, that is, until listening to Steve's interesting explanation in the audio section!

Now that he has changed the system in order to minimize the negative effects of currency exchange, is anyone expecting the US Fund to significantly outperform the Australian Fund, and if so are you moving cash from one fund to the other? I note that Steve is now advising clients to invest all excess distributions from the Australian Fund into the US Fund.

12. bundy1964

bundy1964 Well-Known Member

BankSA only do the retail and wholesale australian funds currently and the retail now has a * so only a limited opertunity left to get in on that lender and they arn't touching the US fund for now.

13. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

Has Steve hinted at what range of returns the US fund should give now?

14. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

This volatitility of late (last few Months) should've helped Navra Funds shouldn't it?

Be interesting to see the results

15. artgul

artgul Well-Known Member

Which other institutions do margin lend for the USA fund?

Thanks,
    artgul

16. gad

gad Well-Known Member

Quote from my Navra FA:
    In the dying minutes of the financial year indications are that the Navra Australian funds could be making a final distribution in excess of 7 cents per unit (approx 6%).
    End Quote

As for the American fund, after listening to Steve promote it early last year I put $50k into it early in April 06 & another $50k into it in early Jun 06. All distributions have been reinvested & on the 28/06/07 it is worth $103175.07.
    Which doesn't cover the interest I have paid over that period (or actually, haven't yet paid, it's margin loan & interest is being capitalised).
    I've given it a full year & a bit, I'm bailing out within the next week or two.

17. OLI__

OLI__ Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I would be very interested to know what sort of returns he is expecting for the US Fund over the next 12 months. I've previously heard him give a figure of 10% p.a. as the minimum target for the Australian Fund but I don't know if he's ever hinted about the US returns.

Is anyone here margined into the US Fund?

18. OLI__

OLI__ Well-Known Member

Good stuff!

Don't blame you gad but I wonder if it might be about to turn around as Steve has suggested in the audio?

19. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

I suspect the the only way that it is going to turn around is if the USD stops going down against the AUSD.

When is that likely to happens? When it does happen than it will not only 'turn around' but will also offer arbotrage oppurtunities. That was the original reason I was interested in the US fund.

Cheers

20. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

I've listened to Steve's audio where he says something about how he has changed how they deal with the FX issues for the US fund. He implies that it is no longer an issue, but I couldn't see how it would help. Can someone explain to me what Steve is trying to say in the audio?

John.