Managed Funds Navra Blue Chip American Fund PDS now available

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Simon Hampel, 23rd Mar, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. OLI__

OLI__ Well-Known Member

I've only recently set up a margin loan to increase my holdings in the Navra Australian Fund. Are you guys switching to the US Fund now or investing in both?

What proportion of your total investment do you plan on having in each fund and how are you working this in with the strategy discussed in Steve's articles on Living off Equity?

2. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Thats just the normal rate paid. Nothing paid in advance.

Ask and ye shall receive.

3. D&K

D&K Well-Known Member

Simon, Thanks. I have an e-mail to write..... Dave

4. jeddi

jeddi Member

Margin Loan Rate with LE

Thanks everyone for the heads up. I am paying 8.25 on $220K with LE and will be busy talking to my advisor on Monday as well. May as well take the opportunity to push the Dow fund then too. There seems to be quite some variation in the rates anyone know why?

5. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Leveraged Equities have just advised me that they are lending 65% against this new American Fund.

6. TechMan

TechMan Well-Known Member

I am also paying 8.25% with LE on a much smaller amount of around 50K. I asked my LE rep about this and he said that 8.10% was available if you borrowed more than 250K. I think this may be a deal Navra Financial Services negotiated with them.

7. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Mark - when will the fund results start to get posted ? Any idea ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks !

8. gad

gad Well-Known Member

I have app $330k on loan from LE & for the life of me I can't get my account manager to budge off 8.1%.

In your opinion, would the loans on the American fund to the tune of 65% be because it's a new fund or because LE don't see the fund being as good as the Australian funds?

Thanks.

9. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Buggers - my loan is $180K and they came straight back with a better offer at 7.8% as soon as I asked. I have been there for years and years - maybe that is the difference?

10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I'd guess they want to minimise the currency risks inherent with foreign funds - it's another variable that can impact (+ve or -ve) on overall returns, and adds to the volatility of an investment.

11. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm on 8.1% today but got a quote from BT for 7.75% but that required 12 months interest in advance. Anyway, I spoke to Mark Raymond the other day about my diversification plans, and they're going to help me to implement them once the March distribution is paid on my Navra holdings. I'll be pushing the interest rate button with LE then, as I'll be borrowing over $500K so should be able to get them to budge from 8.1%.

Thanks for posting your result Simon!

PS. Yes, The US Navra fund is part of my diversified portfolio that I will be implementing some time in April... :D

Cheers mate,
    Michael.

12. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Do we have to apply through the PDS - or can current wholesale units be somehow "sold" off and re-bought if you know the US managed fund code for that particular margin lender (i.e BT in my case) ? Similar to what you would do when purchasing normal shares through an online broking account.
    It would be nice to time it when the Oz Dollar has a better week that we have had lately , with the Oz Dollar now down to less than 71c US :(

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.