Join our investing community

Navra distribution vs net return

Discussion in 'Managed Funds & Index Funds' started by talbashan, 16th Oct, 2005.

  1. talbashan

    talbashan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    21st Sep, 2005
    Posts:
    58
    Hi again,

    Just before the last distribution (Navra fund), the net return figure on the Navrainvest web site was about 10% (can't remember the exact figure). After the distribution the net return fell to about 6% which is consistent with the 5.4% distribution.

    here's the question:

    If I look at last years' figures (net return of 22.43% and distribution of 16.17%), is it true to say that the total return was 38.60% (22.43+16.17)?

    This may be proof that there ARE stupid questions, but i am new to this and still trying to get my head around the figures... :)

    Tal
     
  2. gad

    gad Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    5th Sep, 2005
    Posts:
    150
    Location:
    Canberra
    G'day talbashan

    The net return includes the distribution
    ie total return, net return is the same thing 22.43%
     
  3. talbashan

    talbashan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    21st Sep, 2005
    Posts:
    58
    hi Gad,
    in that case i don't understand why the net return for this year (up to oct 13 as i write this) has been reduced from around 10% before distribution to around 5% right after the distribution.... ie if the net return includes the distribution, it should have stayd at 10% (allowing for market and fund perfomance ofcourse)

    tal
     
  4. perky

    perky Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    15th Aug, 2005
    Posts:
    300
    Location:
    Sydney
    The market downturn of around 4% in that week helped it go backwards - and another bad week last week.
    The site was not updated with the new prices until around Oct 6 if I remember right - hence the "sudden" drop.