Managed Funds Navra distribution vs net return

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by talbashan, 16th Oct, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. talbashan

talbashan Well-Known Member

Hi again,

Just before the last distribution (Navra fund), the net return figure on the Navrainvest web site was about 10% (can't remember the exact figure). After the distribution the net return fell to about 6% which is consistent with the 5.4% distribution.

here's the question:

If I look at last years' figures (net return of 22.43% and distribution of 16.17%), is it true to say that the total return was 38.60% (22.43+16.17)?

This may be proof that there ARE stupid questions, but i am new to this and still trying to get my head around the figures... :)

Tal

2. gad

gad Well-Known Member

G'day talbashan

The net return includes the distribution
    ie total return, net return is the same thing 22.43%

3. talbashan

talbashan Well-Known Member

hi Gad,
    in that case i don't understand why the net return for this year (up to oct 13 as i write this) has been reduced from around 10% before distribution to around 5% right after the distribution.... ie if the net return includes the distribution, it should have stayd at 10% (allowing for market and fund perfomance ofcourse)

tal

4. perky

perky Well-Known Member

The market downturn of around 4% in that week helped it go backwards - and another bad week last week.
    The site was not updated with the new prices until around Oct 6 if I remember right - hence the "sudden" drop.