Managed Funds Navra distribution

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Andrew Allen, 6th Mar, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Smartypants

Smartypants Well-Known Member

Distribution has hit account as of this afternoon :):):)

2. Bob__

Bob__ Well-Known Member

distribution

Yeah, thanks Steve. I live off these distributions

Bob

3. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Literally, or metaphorically?

How do you smooth the lumpy timing of cashflows?

Very interested...

Cheers, Chris

4. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Don't spend the whole distribution. Smart money management is imperative with such a strategy.

Mark

5. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

I live for these distributions ! Pathetic really :rolleyes:

6. Bob__

Bob__ Well-Known Member

Living off Navra

G'day Chris,

I have a cash buffer which I put in place when I first started living off the distributions. It has come in handy recently during the sharemarket downturn. Basically my wife and I salary sacrifice 100percent of our salaries thereby the distributions, which go to our HDT are taxed from dollar one and distributed at my accountant's discretion/advice to either party. I have some IP's which are locked in at 7.79percent with Members Equity. The rents from the IP's go to the same account where the buffer is held (Members Equity at 7.5percent at call). The shortfall is made up each quarter when the distribution is placed into Members Equity after coming from a Trust Bank Account. As stated I have a cash buffer, but I am over 55 so I can access my super (and pay some tax) if required. It is all pretty basic stuff. We also rent out our PPOR and rent here in the CBD of Sydney and pay rent each quarter out of the distibutions. We don't go mad when we get the distributions and put the majority of the into the bank but have a week or so off work and party. Hey, it's party time...thanks Steve

Bob

7. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty fine lifestyle plan!

8. Bob__

Bob__ Well-Known Member

Navra

Hi Nigel,

It is coming together slowly. We will retire Jul 09 and live off the distributions full time, leave the super there until I am 60 and then use that as a buffer and draw down tax free if needed. Managing the margin loan is always challenging but I am now at 50percent and try to keep it closer to 40percent than 50. I suppose it is all about time. Time for the IP's to appreciate and then draw down the equity for the shares. Sitting on the shares in the bad times waiting for the next cycle.

What do I know?

Bob