Join our investing community

Navra event tonight ?

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by perky, 12th Mar, 2007.

1. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Is anyone going tomorrow night in Sydney?

I cannot make it, was hoping to get some notes from someone here (or maybe a podcast Sim?).

David

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

What's happening tomorrow night ?

3. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Navra Group Update/Presentation at Vibe Hotel.................

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Navra Group ? Do you mean Navra Financial Services ? I'm not a client of theirs, so I didn't get an invite.

5. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I'm a client of NFS, I didn't get an invite..

6. Here_To_Learn

Here_To_Learn Well-Known Member

I am a client and did get the invite.

Discussion is on Tax Optimisation structures. I hear there is a new product Steve will be discussing.

Hopefully it can reduce my tax bill :eek:

7. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Haven't got the details in front of me but I got the impression it was a bit of a 'mixed dozen'. From memory......

Update on Oz and US Funds.
    Customer relations changes(?) due to expansion.
    Discussion of Tax Optimisation Structure.
    Agri Product Presentation by a Third Party.
    (Without being pedictive) ;) Steve's view of the Property and Shares World
    etc.

Yes.......I think it was meant as an annual Navra Financial Presentation.

Personally I think this sort of Presentation would be useful 3-4 times a year similar to the Fox Updates.

8. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

Alan

would be good if you could takes notes and post here for those people who were invited but can't attend ie. me :) Will be interesting to hear if Steve's present anything new

Gazza

9. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

Nor me ...

10. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Serey kindly confirmed for me as follows:

So I guess if you think you should have been on the list and aren't then get onto NFS ASAP OKAY? :p

Cheers
    N.

11. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Hi Gazza.

I wonder if Navra Financial would consider the presentation confidential for Clients only and not for posting on a Public Forum. Don't know. :confused:

Perhaps NFS could post a summary on InvestEd. :)

12. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

Alan

Fair point, I am a client and did get the invite but can't make it there from Canberra

Gazza

13. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

14. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

Interstate updates?? Synopsis on NI website???

15. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Can I suggest other Invested'ers who are also NFS clients and also from Canberra (could be an exclusive club...!) contact NFS suggesting that there might be enough of Steve's clients here in Canberra to warrant our own 'Special Presentation'. If enough of us request it, it might happen - Steve's done it before. Cheers.

16. perky

perky Well-Known Member

So what did Steve have to say ?

17. MrDarcy

MrDarcy Well-Known Member

Tonight:
    - good turn up and nice food (and wine)
    - mostly big sell for latest tax structured agri-investment. Great Southern grapes this time.
    - Usual highly motivating intro from Steve, but his numbers in worked example I thought a little out.
    - Very interesting presentations from two GS people, especially if you like wine.
    - NI should distribute 3-3.5% this quarter, 15-17% for year
    - NI may pay dividend to shareholders next FY, maybe 5 cents and will be paid quarterly. Hmmm, I'll wait and see.

18. Smartypants

Smartypants Well-Known Member

Was anything said about expectations of the US fund?

19. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

......and the Great Southern pen was nice too MrDarcy! :D I needed a new pen...... :)

Yes.....good night and agree with all the positives outlined by MrDarcy.

By way of constructive feedback for next time, and IMHO only, I would make the following suggestions:

1. The new approach seems to be to not have any questions from the audience. Any questions can be asked one-on-one while mingling at the end.
    While this does create a more personal, albeit controlled environment, from a client point of view I don't think it's necessarily the best approach. Personally I often learn as much or more from other people's questions as my own. (Sung to the tune of 'Folks are dumb where I come from.....' :eek: )
    So why not have both? People can leave at the end if they need to get away. What's the bet that 95% of the audience will still be there at the end?

2. While good, one of the problems with only having 'Annual get togethers' is information often needs to be presented more often than annually. Sure, have the annual 'Cocktail night', they are a great bunch of people, but add another couple of additional presentation nights throughout the year as well and charge if need be. The room is full of like-minded people, they love listening to and discussing this stuff. :)

In short, it would be great if other ways could be found to supplement communication flows to clients.

One of Steve's great strengths was always his willingness to publicly discuss/debate his various structures and in doing so, provided a degree of transparency and education that set him and the company apart from the pack.

I'm not sure if this is a deliberate decision or not but the public discussion seems to have dropped off. :confused:

Yes, many of us will be aware of a couple of the individual spats over at Somersoft and quite frankly it would have made me leave and not want to discuss issues there either. But as a co-founder of InvestEd, I would have hoped that a Forum such as this would allow him to discuss, debate, educate and provide general information to many existing and prospective clients simultaneously and all over Australia.
    I'm not talking about spam here, at his best Steve can give much more to a site such as this than he receives.

Even a 3-monthly newsletter emailed out may be useful which contained a number of client questions and answers?

3. Finally, I think the presentations need to be willing to tackle the good and the tough issues.
    Part of the presentation last night was meant to provide feedback on both the Australian and American Funds. While total FUM figures and the Australian performances were discussed, the American Fund wasn't really mentioned.

Yep........good night. In summary, by way of constructive feedback, I guess I'd just suggest to keep on looking at ways of providing better ongoing and interactive communication flows between NFS and clients.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Cheers. :)

20. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

It would have been nice to have questions from the audience. All that wine talk made me thirsty. Nice to hear there will be a distribution for the NI shareholders...What I like about Steve is that he is willing to put his money where his mouth is and back his own recommendations...more than some do.

Bob