Managed Funds Navra fees ?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by hillsguy, 28th Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone ... I am just curious if anyone else here is using the financial planning services offered at Navra.

If so ... I would be interested in knowing what kind of fees others are paying for the services ?

In my case I paid an upfront fee of $5,500 to obtain a detailed financial plan. Since then my wife and I have taken up all the excellent advise and invested as per most plans recommendations. I have also seen Steve a few times for various reviews to catch up.

Do others also have these regular catch ups after obtaining plan ? Have any of you been charged additional fees moving forward ?

2. Tzaki

Tzaki Well-Known Member

Same story here, basically you don't pay a fee again (except for brokerage) until you have a major change in your situation... darn good value in my opinion!!:D

3. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

If you invest in the wholesale funds there are no entry fees or trailer commissions ... where is the source of income for the group ? :confused:

4. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Here to Learn,

I paid $1,100 for the full financial plan, not $5,500. The $5,500 is if you then want to invest in the NavTrade funds via NFS and use NFS to help you to implement other aspects of your financial plan as I understand it.

Cheers,
    Michael.

5. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Performance fees.

6. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I wasn't given the pricing options - I was charged $5500. Good value... well... it takes me a month in my job to earn $4500 after tax, so shelling out 5 weeks of effort for something that was produced by Navrainvest in a few days... well.. I dunno. Probably more my fault than theirs for seeking a plan in hindsight I don't think I needed. Having said that, I will probably use their services at some stage in the future. It's all good :)

7. PiggyBank__

PiggyBank__ Member

I use an off-shoot of NFS for my financial planning and last year me & mrs got a very detailed & thorough plan done for us - for absolutely free! Only condition was that I had to implement certain value of portfolio account - to purchase a basket of MFs - and was not over-weighted with one or two funds.

I ended up implementing all the recommendations in the plan and from memory the brokerage was about thousand dollars and fully disclosed upfront.

I have known the planner now for almost three years and thus far all recommendations has been based on our goals so we are really happy with her services.

Upfront of 5.5k seem pretty expensive - but then I don't know how much these things cost generally. If you become a millionaire in a few years time, based on what they recommend, you wouldn't miss the upfront fees!

PB

8. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

What other Forums Dave :confused:

Cheers

9. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

We did something similar, using a FP who worked for Navra in the past. She did a basic "Statement of Advice" for us with managed fund recommendations (we didn't need/want a full financial plan done as I think I've learnt enough from SS and Invested to know what I need to do for the big picture). Because we implemented her MF recommendations we didn't have to pay upfront fees, only the MF commissions, etc.

We also got her to help sort out our insurance, which again was free for us as the insurance companies pay her a commission.

John.

10. TechMan

TechMan Well-Known Member

NavraInvest gets any profit from performance fees. Navra Financial Services however is a separate entity.

I think $1,100 is reasonable for time with a planner and then the preparation of their "Statement of Advice". Definately worth more if Steve actually handles it for you, but i don't think he does as much these days.''

I don't think that the implementation part should be worth another $4,400 on top of this, especially if all that the implementation requires is taking your cash and investing it into NavraInvest.

Further to having a plan, maybe they should offer an hourly rate to go and check in with your planner to see how you are going and whether any adjustments can be implemented.

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

(I moved the more general posts about financial planner fees to a new thread)

12. DaveJ__

DaveJ__ Well-Known Member